Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Feeder AFC (English Team)

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Cup final heartbreak, 1-0 to our Level 5 opponents who were a 7* squad and included a 9* and several 8* players. We did well just to get there really and more than held our own during the game, which the stats suggest we should/could have won - but in the end the better quality made the difference

CL final tomorrow, not sure if I'll be able to watch that game so the treble could unravel in spectacular style...
    Nice job, despite the loss! Playing against opposition lvl above isn´t as playing against opposition at same lvl, what ever somebody says. But, there is always a "next-time". Good luck in the CL Finals!

Ps. You should upload your squad, facilities and etc with tinypic.com/postimage.org or imageshack.us .. instead of the "thumbnails" option.
    SimplySimon likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Nice job, despite the loss! Playing against opposition lvl above isn´t as playing against opposition at same lvl, what ever somebody says. But, there is always a "next-time". Good luck in the CL Finals!

Ps. You should upload your squad, facilities and etc with tinypic.com/postimage.org or imageshack.us .. instead of the "thumbnails" option.
    Thanks, I'm happy with how the season went, plus bought a few new players for next year too

Why use those tools instead of the thumbnails?
    Ljepoje likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Thanks, I'm happy with how the season went, plus bought a few new players for next year too

Why use those tools instead of the thumbnails?
    Haha, So you're already prepared for next season? I haven't yet decided if I'm gonna buy/sell or PT, still waiting for the CL and League outcome

Nah, it just looks/makes your presentation "better-looking". Instead of the tiny thumbnails you could post a normal/bigger pics using [img]url[/img] ..
    SimplySimon likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Haha, So you're already prepared for next season? I haven't yet decided if I'm gonna buy/sell or PT, still waiting for the CL and League outcome

Nah, it just looks/makes your presentation "better-looking". Instead of the tiny thumbnails you could post a normal/bigger pics using [img]url[/img] ..
    Well, I have a transfer addiction and a few good options came up - £9m of players for £6.8m, young, fast trainers few points from 6* who will go back up in value quickly next year. Plus one player had free kick SA, which I needed in my squad. Earned £11m from competitions this season, a lot for a Level 2 team - it was burning a hole :-)

Think I may just train this squad next year, usually I buy a whole new one over the course of the season. Probably still make a few purchases though!
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Not going to be here for the final weekend, so last update of team for this season completed - apologies for a half finished 'season so far', I'll complete that in brief when I get back, hopefully to include a CL win :-)

Good luck to all visitors for the new season!
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Eagerly waiting to see how your season finished

*bump*

OK, so I haven't posted on here in a while because, you know, I've had a life and stuff - but I couldn't help popping back to celebrate my recent cup win on the forum

Woohoo me!

OK, so it was won on penalties (after a hard fought 2-2 with my opponent getting three first half injuries and not making a single sub), but a new trophy will be in the cabinet for next year and that's what counts

For the record:

Season 2 finishes with a comfortable league win, and two losing cup finals. Very unfortunate to get beaten by a much better team in the cup, followed by a bizarre thrashing from a lower quality team in the CL. Meh.

After spending a bit of money on this game in the first two seasons (a season and a half in actual playing time), I decided to go F2P for season 3....

Season 3 ends with another league title in the bag, this time with an early exit in the cup (last 16) and a semi final exit in the CL.

Considering that I haven't spent any money this year, I'm happy with the performance of the team but the season as a whole wasn't very exiting as a player and was impacted by a ludicrous number of injuries - particularly to CM players, all 4 being injured at the same time on a regular basis

Season 4 continues my 'no-spend' policy, and the league is much more exciting as there are 4 people who won their league last year, all with 5* average teams

As things stand I am one point behind the leaders with one game to go, third place is four points behind me (I play them on the final day) and fourth is behind them on goal difference - they both have two games to play

The cup final was reached and won on penalties against a Lvl 6 team with a superstar CM and 3 other world class players. I dropped my attacking style for normal and went hard tackling, taking out 3 of their players in the first half!

My tactics were influenced by another spate of CM injuries, this time 3 are out. One of them got a 5 day injury two days ago, so I cured him and he promptly got another 5 day injury two games later....

Have a CL final to come tonight, so hopeful of a cup double. League is out of my hands, but you never know

Hope everyone had fun this season :-)
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

While I'm here, updated team stats and formation (usually 4-4-2, currently adapted for lack of CMs):

Feeder AFC (English Team)-t11-team-general.jpgFeeder AFC (English Team)-t11-team-stats.jpg
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Cup double and 3rd place. Happy Simon :-)
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

ohhh...

i like ur team

i really focus on value since my 1st level... it is the same way with you

for quality , i try to ignore

now i am at level 3
    with value almost 50M

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast