Thread: Burbage Tigers

Rookie

Burbage Tigers

[Press Release]

Burbage Tigers can confirm the signing of new manager Victor Andretta. Former club captain Andretta was part of the playing squad for seven seasons and departed at 28-years-old. He returned to his homeland in the USA where he joined his local team to finish off his playing career.

After retiring two seasons ago, he turned into an attack coach for the same club. Burbage Tigers have now signed Andretta, on a four-season deal as manager. permanently.

Andretta will take control of the first team immediately, replacing Josh Higgins who was an interim player/manager. Higgins will continue his role as club captain.

Chairman Mattyg said: "I'm really pleased with this signing. We stayed in touch with Victor during his time in the USA. He was the first-ever captain of the Burbage Tigers 15 seasons ago so he has a lot of Burbage Tigers in his blood. The results recently haven't been good enough, but we now feel we have a strong manager moving forward. We don't expect things to turn around on Day 1, but we do expect to be back at the top within three seasons."

Andretta said: "It's great to be back, I've missed this place. This is a great club with great supporters. A bit of a sleeping giant at the moment. We have to target top 4 this season, it's looking unlikely but we have to give it everything. Next season, we will look to bounce back and compete for all titles. Then in the second season, I will present my new formation as we look to win all tournaments again."

[Ends]

Rookie

Burbage Tigers 1 v 1 Delta FC - League Round 17

Burbage Tigers drew 1-1 with 10th placed Delta. This means Tigers now sit in 5th with 33 points, but could move down to 7th before the end of the day.

Jake Bracken scored the only goal for Tigers.

Andretta: "This is really disappointing. We didn't challenge the goal enough, this is not how I want my players to play. We should have won today, results over the last few days have put us in a position to fight for the top four, but we're on the back foot again now."