Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Der_Ryan_M
  • 1 Post By EastsiderSG
  • 4 Post By Der_Ryan_M

Thread: The Level 4 Tanking, No Videos, Only Association, Youth Academy Team (experiment)

The Level 4 Tanking, No Videos, Only Association, Youth Academy Team (experiment)

So I am playing this game for almost 8 years now and there are times where my main account and playing normally might get a bit stale...
    And that is when I am looking for new creative ways to play the game, so I made a plan, created a new account and after I earned promotion 3 times in the past seasons, I am now at Level 4 where the new experiment will begin.

This time we will be playing with very little effort. We will watch no videos on this new team and of course buy no token etc. We will basically tank all the time in Level 4 and use this account only to help in an association. Of course we will be a tanker of honor and also refuse to play the cup.

I will try to only use the youth academy to fill my team. The goal is, to always have a solid 110-120% team for association and therefor rotate the older players into the starting 11, while developing their replacements on the bench so that they can fill their spots once the older player retire (or we sell them due to management of % for association draws)...

Right now I will need a few seasons to build a good foundation until the concept will really start to roll. I will update this thread later with pictures of the development of the squad.
    I hope you find this idea interesting and follow it here in the team showcase.
    HeavensAAA and EastsiderSG like this.

I know many won't agree but it would be a more interesting read if you weren't tanking honorably. Like the famous German level 4 gatekeeper in GTA sometime back

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    I know many won't agree but it would be a more interesting read if you weren't tanking honorably. Like the famous German level 4 gatekeeper in GTA sometime back
    Maybe, but to do something like this it needs hard work and I don't really have time for that. I know exactly which team you mean and I know it's manager, he spent much time with training players, farming greens and so on to keep his team at 180% or even above with sponsor % lately... It's not one of those lazy tanker teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Maybe, but to do something like this it needs hard work and I don't really have time for that. I know exactly which team you mean and I know it's manager, he spent much time with training players, farming greens and so on to keep his team at 180% or even above with sponsor % lately... It's not one of those lazy tanker teams.
    No argument there. His record speaks for itself and GTA was very strong. Am also not surprised you know him. I recall when I first started playing and spoke of another famous German player, you knew him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    No argument there. His record speaks for itself and GTA was very strong. Am also not surprised you know him. I recall when I first started playing and spoke of another famous German player, you knew him as well.
    You are right lol, I remember. This is because the community of German players, who are very good at the game and well-organized, is actually pretty small...
    And GTA was a good idea, but when they reached platinum league it was failing miserably, because other associations had similar ideas. GTA people are now changing their approach.

You are right lol, I remember. This is because the community of German players, who are very good at the game and well-organized, is actually pretty small...
    And GTA was a good idea, but when they reached platinum league it was failing miserably, because other associations had similar ideas. GTA people are now changing their approach.
    GTA is definitely a good initiative but it does surprise me to hear that there is only a small community of german players. The most popular footballing nations seem to have very little representation or activity in the game.

Ok i better stop hijacking your thread. Looking forward to see how much your non FT youth players can improve without videos
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Hi, just a quick little update here with this team.

Last season, when this thread was created, we weren't able to tank due to a very very weak and inactive league and we were promoted to Level 5 unfortunately.

Now in Level 5 however, we had such a weak reserve team, so that we could deploy a 11% starting formation (in the line-tanking formation with every player on a wrong position), which was good enough to lose a lot of games, even vs again a very inactive league, to secure the 13th spot and successfully tank.

The Level 4 Tanking, No Videos, Only Association, Youth Academy Team (experiment)-tank2.jpg

Money really isn't the problem in the lower levels when you tank, because player wages are so cheap and you don't even need the ticket income and so on.

The squad is of course still under development and nowhere near a good team, which could compete in the higher association leagues. But we still have a bit of time and will keep on developing our youth players and others to have a 100+% team in some seasons.
    This is the team right now:

The Level 4 Tanking, No Videos, Only Association, Youth Academy Team (experiment)-tank3.jpg
    The Level 4 Tanking, No Videos, Only Association, Youth Academy Team (experiment)-tank4.jpg
    The Level 4 Tanking, No Videos, Only Association, Youth Academy Team (experiment)-tank5.jpg

The goal is now to get our youth players in every season, give everyone a SA and after that build him up by a bit of casual training and bonus training, so that his overall % is rising and he can replace the older and weak players in the starting eleven. I hope, that in a few seasons we have a good squad and a little rotation going on, where we can replace an older player with a guy who was from the youth and learned his SA and developed a few seasons with the team already.

Will update here again next season!!!

Rookie
    Hi, just a quick little update here with this team.

Last season, when this thread was created, we weren't able to tank due to a very very weak and inactive league and we were promoted to Level 5 unfortunately.

Now in Level 5 however, we had such a weak reserve team, so that we could deploy a 11% starting formation (in the line-tanking formation with every player on a wrong position), which was good enough to lose a lot of games, even vs again a very inactive league, to secure the 13th spot and successfully tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	136375

Money really isn't the problem in the lower levels when you tank, because player wages are so cheap and you don't even need the ticket income and so on.

The squad is of course still under development and nowhere near a good team, which could compete in the higher association leagues. But we still have a bit of time and will keep on developing our youth players and others to have a 100+% team in some seasons.
    This is the team right now:

Name:	Tank3.jpg 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	136376

Name:	Tank4.jpg 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	136377

Name:	Tank5.jpg 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	136378

The goal is now to get our youth players in every season, give everyone a SA and after that build him up by a bit of casual training and bonus training, so that his overall % is rising and he can replace the older and weak players in the starting eleven. I hope, that in a few seasons we have a good squad and a little rotation going on, where we can replace an older player with a guy who was from the youth and learned his SA and developed a few seasons with the team already.

Will update here again next season!!!
    Nice idea, cant wait for ur update