Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Design Your Own Emblem Medieval Winners!

Quote Originally Posted by peppe88 View Post
    contest suck...I have 14 Like and I'm not in 22 designs..I'm sorry but this contest is rigged...bye bye forum..it is inconceivable!

this is one of my drawings .. you decide if it sucks

It's not a like contest. I don't think rigged is the right word either since there is no clear way to determine winners. It's mostly a matter of preference and most people don't usually have the same taste.

As for your entry, some parts of your emblem don't match. The shield and football look well done. The knight looks too detailed compared to the others while the banner with starts looks like it was made on paint (I would know) I'm not saying you stole anything but it's not consistent. Besides your emblem has more than 2 colors (Some winners are like that though) Did you also submit it like that? There was a proper format.
    Last edited by Tamaraw; 07-05-2013 at 05:41 AM.

TAMARAWS FC
    "Futbol Club kan Ciudad nin Naga"

1st Place League: Seasons 3, 5, 6, 7, 17, 18, 21
    1st Place Champions League: Season 4
    1st Place Cup: Coming Soon(?)

Banned
    Nordeus should simply stop to make this kind of contest with these rules. Every time the rules are broken... dnm used 5 colours and still won....Every kind of clip art should be forbidden...
    I already contacted Uttershock just to begin, let's see if they are happy that already 4 emblem used contains their copyrighted material...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Promitheas View Post
    well.. there's a difference between copyrighted images and stock photos. if you do a reverse image search on that eagle silhouette you ll notice that different websites are actually selling this (making profit). can u tell who is the original author? i doubt it. are all these sites paying credit to the original creator? i doubt it either. even the original creator cant prove of his design because this vector is all over the internet and i cant find a license (creative common or anything) which protects him. only Royalty-free license if you know what this is. and most important. these websites sell these stock images for general purpose. not for personal use or something. commercial use is not excluded (with RF license). especially if this design is used as only a part of another design and not selling the actual image back as it is.
    i could design an eagle from scratch but i used that to save time since everyone use stock images and since it's not against the rules of the competition. (and not only this competition. i could use the exact same eagle as a large company logo and i wouldnt have any legal issues)
    on the other hand, of course, if you make a rip-off a copyrighted logo and people are buying just because its related to a real football team logo (for example) you ll have copyright issues. that's the difference between stock images and copyrighted logos. this eagle is not a brand or anything.
    nordeus should reward original designs if you ask me but that's another topic

maybe because you used an actual image (copy pasted as well) as knight and not a vector with 2 or 3 colors as the rules of the competition require...?
    The picture become royalty free after you purchase that licens... and yes i know what common licenses are. I'm a lawyer. .... if you don't pay the license you are against copyright laws
    Last edited by CarlTaut; 07-05-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    art2980 likes this.

Banned
    Promitheas you are a ****ing retarded Clipart Eagle 2 - Royalty Free Vector Illustration by Seamartini Graphics Media #1065124
    "Price includes high resolution digital image and a Royalty Free (rf) Commercial License to legally use it."
    you must purchase the rf license.
    And actually your premium logo consists only of that image.
    Last edited by CarlTaut; 07-05-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Top Emblem Designer Ardin Putra Kondo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlTaut View Post
    Promitheas you are a ****ing retarded Clipart Eagle 2 - Royalty Free Vector Illustration by Seamartini Graphics Media #1065124
    "Price includes high resolution digital image and a Royalty Free (rf) Commercial License to legally use it."
    you must purchase the rf license.
    And actually your premium logo consists only of that image.

Seems you only see one side of the course, many sites that provide free of charge all the files that you think someone's copyright because somebody might have bought from seller service then distribute it for free, you can not say all of this against the law and the rules of copyright trade ... you only see on some sites so you can not just say so.
    _ARSENAL F.C_

Banned
    i can say so, because if something is copyrighted, and someone purchase rf license, only who bought it can without limits use the image.
    You didn't bought it.... pay the license and i won't tell anything else
    art2980 and Ravitaneja like this.

Banned
    Royalty-free (RF)
    Main article: Royalty-free
    "Free" in this context means "free of royalties (paying each time you use an image)". It does not mean the image is free to use without purchasing a license or that the image is in the public domain.
    Pay a one-time fee to use the image multiple times for multiple purposes (with limits).
    No time limit on when the buyer can use an image.
    No one can have exclusive rights of a Royalty-free image (the photographer can sell the image as many times as he or she wants).
    A Royalty-free image usually has a limit to how many times the buyer can reproduce it. For example, a license might allow the buyer to print 500,000 brochures with the purchased image. The amount of copies made is called the print run. The buyer is required to pay a fee per brochure, usually 1 to 3 cents, for additional prints. Magazines with a large print run cannot use a standard Royalty-free license and therefore they either purchase images with a Rights-managed license or have in-house photographers.

Since i'm not a good english writer i pasted an english article directly
    Last edited by CarlTaut; 07-05-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Bandar Sri Aman, Sarawak, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlTaut View Post
    Royalty-free (RF)
    Main article: Royalty-free
    "Free" in this context means "free of royalties (paying each time you use an image)". It does not mean the image is free to use without purchasing a license or that the image is in the public domain.
    Pay a one-time fee to use the image multiple times for multiple purposes (with limits).
    No time limit on when the buyer can use an image.
    No one can have exclusive rights of a Royalty-free image (the photographer can sell the image as many times as he or she wants).
    A Royalty-free image usually has a limit to how many times the buyer can reproduce it. For example, a license might allow the buyer to print 500,000 brochures with the purchased image. The amount of copies made is called the print run. The buyer is required to pay a fee per brochure, usually 1 to 3 cents, for additional prints. Magazines with a large print run cannot use a standard Royalty-free license and therefore they either purchase images with a Rights-managed license or have in-house photographers.

Since i'm not a good english writer i pasted an english article directly

simply say.... " you hav to pay if u want to use it".........nowdays...nothing is free....
    CarlTaut and Ravitaneja like this.
    AllanExtreme FC, Level 9

League
    S1 - Champion!!! > S2 - 4th > S3 - Champion!!! > S4 - Champion!!! > S5 - Champion!!!
    S6 - Champion!!! > S7 - 3rd > S8 - 4th

Champ League
    S2 - 3rd > S3 - Champion!!!! > S4 - Quarter-Finals > S5 - Top 16 > S6 - Group Stage
    S7 - Top 16 > S8 - Group Stage

Cup
    S1 - Preliminary > S2 - Preliminary > S3 - Qualifying > S4 - Qualifying
    S5 - Qualifying > S6 - Qualifying > S7 - Playoffs > S8 - Champion!!!!

Banned
    the previous jedi logo uploaded is property of LucasArt... i bet you know what company is... the one of star wars... i don't think they will be happy to know nordeus using one of their logos for profit
    Jedi Order Logo Vector Download Free (Brand Logos) (AI, EPS, CDR, PDF, GIF, SVG) | seeklogo.com
    art2980 and Hector del Mazo like this.

nordeus should give symbols to use ... and we have to choose between those .. so we do not break them .. the only way possible ... copyright symbols established by nordeus and shape of the emblem established by us

nordeus dovrebbe dare simboli da usare...e noi dobbiamo scegliere tra quelli..così noi non infrangiamo il copyright..unico modo possibile...simboli stabiliti da nordeus e forma dell'emblema stabiliti da noi
    CarlTaut and semprul asem like this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast