Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Design Your Own Emblem Medieval Winners!

Banned
    Please note MDKII this is not pointing a finger against anyone. This post is to explain how royalty free and copyright works.

Quote Originally Posted by Promitheas View Post
    DO YOU even know if i have a premium account at shutterstock/vectorstock/whatever and DO YOU really understand what's RF license? IT'S NOT A SEPERATE LICENSE.
    you are the only one here that is not understanding what a rf license is.

Q: Can I use royalty-free images for free?

A: No. Royalty-free means that once a license fee is paid, the images may be used many times without paying additional fees, but the initial license is necessary to protect yourself and your clients. When you license a royalty-free image, you can use it in nearly any application, for as long as you like, according to your license agreement (although some kinds of uses do require an extended license). The cost is often based on file size, the number of permitted users as well as other factors.
    Rf licenses can't be transferred.

Copyright

Q: What is copyright?

A: Copyright is a form of protection provided by the law to the authors of “original works of authorship.” By virtue of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, works are protected in all 160 countries that are party to the Convention, as well as various other laws such as the US copyright act.

Q: Does this apply to all images?

A: Yes, this applies to all images. From the time it is created, a photo or other image is automatically protected by copyright.

Q: What is copyright infringement?

A: Infringement can include a violation of the rights of the creator or rights holder. Examples of imagery infringement may include:

• Use of whole or part of an image without permission

• Use beyond the scope of a license or permission

• Adapting an image without permission (art rendering)

• Asking another photographer to identically recreate the image

Q: Who’s responsible when infringement occurs?

A: Responsible parties may include:

• The party that infringed (the photographer or the person that stole the image in the first place), even if unintentionally

• Employees or others who participated in the original infringement

• Anyone who published the infringing image, whether they had knowledge or not

• Anyone who authorized or encouraged infringement

Q: Why should I worry about copyright infringement?

A: Infringement of copyright may result in monetary damages, lawsuits, costly legal fees and under some rare circumstances, criminal charges.

Q: Surely no-one will be able to find one image in the whole of the internet?

A: New technology now enables copyright owners to identify unlicensed imagery and act to protect their rights. Imagery is ‘fingerprinted’ so that it can be tracked and found in use, even if it has been modified, recreated or if only part of the image has been used. The image is then flagged up to the copyright owner so that they can check if the correct license is held.

Q: I’m using an image I found through a Google Image search. If it’s on the internet, doesn’t that mean it’s free?

A: No. Just because an image is on the internet, it doesn’t mean the image is free to use. You may still need the correct license to use it. There is a difference between an image being online and an image being “in the public domain” (the term given to content that is not owned or controlled by anyone).
    Last edited by CarlTaut; 07-06-2013 at 07:12 AM.
    11bogie11 and art2980 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    In light of some of the feedback here, we'll re-evaluate the rules of the competition and how we approach submissions for future iterations of Design an Emblem/Jersey.
    THANKS! I think that this is what all want to hear.
    Seeya next competition

I really, really like the Leep one! A - W - E - S - O - M - E.

How do people make these? I can't find a program

When do you think that they will be available?

Rookie
    Some of them aren't even medieval.
    Sxrenity likes this.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^
    Hi all fri

i like them so much ... how can i get 1

When will the next batches be released? It's been a while and mine hasn't been in the shop yet. I understand if you want to slow things down because of the many official ones you released.

TAMARAWS FC
    "Futbol Club kan Ciudad nin Naga"

1st Place League: Seasons 3, 5, 6, 7, 17, 18, 21
    1st Place Champions League: Season 4
    1st Place Cup: Coming Soon(?)

Hi top congratulations to all medival winners and I hope I win next time and can I tell you a secret I tried many times to win score the goal and guess the ball so I came looking for other competition and I found on twitter and this forum and I shall win plz can you send me to my Facebook or hotmail but I have a problem with hotmail so plz send me any competitions you will make to my Facebook I know its hard for you and if you cant plz dont disturb yourself on making me happy I am happy for everything you do if I talk about my team I am in level 7 my team name is mikton united I didn't qualify for level 8 thank you I am abdishakur shakir and my email is xassan26@hotmail.com i dont think you will read but anyway thank you

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast