Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gunning for the Nordeus Cup: stage 1: massive player sale

Quote Originally Posted by ppturano View Post
    Was it really that hard to figure out? Utter weaken your team and keep just the avg stars player you wanna meet in the cup draw (keep 3* if you want to face 3* teams). Sell them sack them whatever. Wait for new season, mass tokens (or dont spend what you bought), and as cup is sorted, buy scouts/youngsters/pt back the team.

Wasnt really that hard to figure out. Point is not everyone has will to erase a hard worked team and start back from scratch.

I couldnt aswell since my players over 5* cant be sold (i m top level for my server) so i d have to fire them, altho i would nave tried it for sure.

Grats on the cup!

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Was it really that hard to figure out? Utter weaken your team and keep just the avg stars player you wanna meet in the cup draw (keep 3* if you want to face 3* teams). Sell them sack them whatever. Wait for new season, mass tokens (or dont spend what you bought), and as cup is sorted, buy scouts/youngsters/pt back the team.

Wasnt really that hard to figure out. Point is not everyone has will to erase a hard worked team and start back from scratch.

I couldnt aswell since my players over 5* cant be sold (i m top level for my server) so i d have to fire them, altho i would nave tried it for sure.

Grats on the cup!
    We didn't know if it was average quality of the whole team, top 11, top 14 or any other combination. That makes a big difference. Like you I'm at the top of my server so my top 11 is pretty strong with scouts but my bench is very weak as I didn't want to spend 50 tokens for bench players.

Well, congratulations. I managed to win the cup last season without all this palaver, but then this season got knocked out in the preliminaries (that sounds painful). Now I'm top of the league and about to play the CL final. So who knows what to think? Hat's off to you for winning though.

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    We didn't know if it was average quality of the whole team, top 11, top 14 or any other combination. That makes a big difference. Like you I'm at the top of my server so my top 11 is pretty strong with scouts but my bench is very weak as I didn't want to spend 50 tokens for bench players.
    Ofc we knew it. Many of us has sold their benchers and took 1* players to lower the avg quality o their teams, and didnt work: that meant that the values implied at least the main 11.

Soon enough was realized that to have a good sort what you had to do was replacing ALL your strongest players, and many of us (Me, July, dvr) commented that it was too extreme in the end.

As for benchers, you dont need so many tokens for them. Assured a top 11 between 6-7 stars from scout and youths, having weak reserves and slowly sub them is a joke.

Basically, with 1000 tokens per season there is a way to win the cup on a 99.999% chanche, league on 95%, CL on 80%.
    Last edited by Morgan O'Bree; 07-25-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Rookie
    haha i'm just glad i got this out of the way... now i can go back to playing the game normally
    ppturano likes this.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Addicted
    Managed to win the cup as a level 6 player in a level 8 tournament. And I didn't change how I run my squad to make it worse at the end of last season. I did what I normally do.

At the end of last season, I purchased free agents and sold them to make some extra cash. On day 27 of last season, I sold off a few players whose contracts were expiring but were only going to be three star players this season. I purchased about 5 5* Nordeus generated players on day 1 of this season. I also purchased one scout striker (only scout ever purchased for this team) who played the cup/champions league games and not the league games. I usually played my better players in the cup games and the second team players in the league. I saved skill points on players as they approached their next star to see if the player would get a new position, special skill or move to the next star.

End result. I won the cup over a level 8 team who was almost 4 QP higher than me. (I am a low five star player on level 6) I clinched first place in the league after the games on Tuesday. And I lost in the semis of the champions league.

So, it is possible to be successful without destroying your team at the end of the season.
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by tarcanes92 View Post
    End result. I won the cup over a level 8 team who was almost 4 QP higher than me. (I am a low five star player on level 6) I clinched first place in the league after the games on Tuesday. And I lost in the semis of the champions league.

So, it is possible to be successful without destroying your team at the end of the season.
    yes yes, you managed to beat a guy stronger than you. maybe also a few people stronger than you on your way to the finals. basically, you got lucky. nobody's going to argue that. but hey, good for you. like the saying goes, sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

but with my way, you don't really need luck.
    Last edited by kaiballz; 07-26-2013 at 03:27 AM.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post

Grats on the cup!
    it is so hard to understand?

we did not know the exact criteria and we were interested to know!!!

now, thanks to the two of them (July and kaiballz) we know that are taken into account the 14 best players from each team
    TRIPLETE FC
    Italian Team, Season 18, Level 18

5 Time Treble Winners
    (Season 3,12,14,15,17)

16 League Titles
    Season 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17
    11 Champions League Titles
    Season 2,3,4,5,6,7,10,12,14,15,17
    8 Cup Titles
    Season 1,3,9,11,12,14,15,17

my team showcase, here: TRIPLETE FC (Italian Team)

Quote Originally Posted by ppturano View Post
    it is so hard to understand?

we did not know the exact criteria and we were interested to know!!!

now, thanks to the two of them (July and kaiballz) we know that are taken into account the 14 best players from each team
    Yep it's hard to understand. after the new cup format's release, July, me and few other players sold off all the reserves taking in 1*\2* players instead, lowering the overall quality of our team by several points. 2 days later on nee season, every single one of us found himself in the same quality bracket for the cup.

The very moment it was noticed that and discussed on forum, there was no doubt that whatever the case the calculation didnt go by overall team's quality BUT from the strongest 11, or at least your top players.

That was during the second edition of the new cup format, so if i recall it right should be 3 or 4 seasons ago, if not 5. So yeah, it has been known since cup's second edition.

To know if sistem considera 11 or 14 players is to little use: point still is that for the trick to work you need to totally dismantle your team.

I'm not saying that the op work isnt appreciated, i just stated that the precision brought in wasnt needed. and anyway, we dont still know the exact parameters.

Pro
    what if it was an average top 11 quality on day 20 or 24? That would have been a nice way for Nordeus to make sure no one can beat the system unless they sacrificed the whole season.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast