Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By leddy
  • 1 Post By Tom Millson
  • 1 Post By leddy

Thread: Here is a dilemma

Here is a dilemma

Ok I am banging on again but have won the league, there is one other English team who is in 5th place on goal difference with 6th and 7th and the team in 4th is a German team one point ahead. Tomorrow night after CL final I play the english team and want them to qualify for CL as they have been pretty active with their matches....I am still unbeaten and the animal in me says wld be nice to not loose any of the last two matches, but am rather feeling that I should change my usual tactics and formation to allow the english team to beat me and have a chance of 4th and that all important CL place....

I just dont know really lol....what would you do ???? I will go with what I feel tomorrow but wld be interested to hear your views.
    shwanko07 likes this.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

Unbeaten is just a statistic really, all other managers will see is your league trophy.

What you're suggesting isn't exactly fair on the German team, but if you feel a sense of patriotism and want a fellow Englishman in the CL with you, then there's nothing stopping you
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

I was in your situation too. None of my opponents have been particularly active but one team has stood out as they've come out with some great results in unlikely circumstances. I want them to get Champions League football next season and I was given the choice of letting them win or not, when I've already won the league.

People say unbeaten is just a stat and yeah, to be fair it is. However, that does not make it feel any less special. How often will you get to say you were unbeaten for a whole season? With some of the real bad luck some players get seemingly undeservedly, I'd take these good runs any day.

And let's face it, if this team truly deserved Champions League, they should earn the right by themselves over the course of the season, not from sympathy from another team.

By the way, I went all out against that team I played.

Rookie
    Maybe legal but it is not fair play. Is that an english gentleman?

losing will cause your team to drop form and moral .. go for that if you want it
    and it may effect ur CL match
    is never recommended to lose
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

At least you should ask ask the english guy to send you a gift or a shirt xD
    My team: AC Barcelona

Season 2 Level 2: Current
    Season 1 Level 1: League winner; Cup finalist

Good points everyone, well after the final alot of players will not have time to get boost up for the league game, so i guess I will put in fully boosted subs, but keep same formation tactics as usual...the fact I have no green boosters makes me do that and as such by default the English team will have at least a chance.
    Tom Millson likes this.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )