Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nordeus is fixing friendlies? Gobsmacking news!

Banned

Nordeus is fixing friendlies? Gobsmacking news!

We all heard this was going to happen a few days ago, but I am amazed, to put it politely, at their decision on how to fix this issue. I am posting their who article at the bottom of this post.

Like I told Schwank in another thread, not everything is always black and white - depending on your perspective, you can have shades of grey (I have not read the book so i dont know how many shades there are). This solution is acceptable. It still gives your enemies a crack at your condition, but at least they can only do it once a day if you only have one match. Not being able to do it if you have 2 matches is more than acceptable and 3 hours between matches is more than acceptable. Overall, a very good solution - but again, not perfect.

I like how they mention this: "Top Eleven schedules its main Competition matches based on real-world time".
    The more they quote this, the more you can hold them to it. Putting 3 hours between matches is similar to 1 day between matches, but it is certainly better than 15 min, which would be RT hours between matches. I think this is the best fix out of the bunch.

the only issue I have with this solution is this: "We hope to roll out this update in one month.". you would think with all the time they have, all the money they have, and all the programming experience they can purchase, that this would be implemented within the week - They should have been working on this a few months ago! Really! But if that is all I have to complain about, I consider myself and everyone else lucky.

Thank you Nordeus. Thank you for actually doing something positive that helps everyone. I wait patiently for these implementations.

cheers!

Their post on the news section:

One of the most prominent type of complaints we’ve received have been about players abusing Friendly matches. It took some time for us to address this issue, but now we’re in the process of implementing a solution we hope will improve the Top Eleven experience.

First off, we need to explain what the intent of Friendlies was and how it affected our players. Since teams sometimes play only one or two matches per day, and Top Eleven schedules its main Competition matches based on real-world time, it sometimes felt like there wasn’t much to do after you’ve planned out your next big match. Friendlies existed as a way to let managers log into the game and play with friends whenever they wanted, or to duke it out if you and your friend weren’t in the same League.

Sadly, as Friendlies burned condition and also had a chance to cause injuries, some managers abused this and scheduled Friendlies right before their opponents’ major matches. This lead to managers not being able to react on time to decline the match, and having their standing in the League, Cup or Champions League suffer because their team wasn’t at their best.

The solution we’ll be implementing will be two-fold. First off, Competition matches will need to be at least 3 hours apart. That means that if you, for example, have a League match, your next Cup or Champions League match will be at least 3 hours after it, giving you enough time to recover and prepare. This restriction also applies to Friendlies, meaning your friends won’t be able to schedule a Friendly match if your next Competition match is within the next 3 hours.

Another restriction we’re setting is that if you’ve had too many matches in a day, all Friendly requests you receive are automatically declined. If you have two Competition matches scheduled for the day, no one will be able to challenge you to a Friendly. If you have only one Competition match, you can be challenged to two Friendlies, and if there are no Competition matches that day, you can be challenged to play up to four Friendlies. After you’ve reached your quota for the day, you won’t be able to receive requests for additional Friendly matches that day, but you’ll be able to send them (under the condition that the person you’re sending the request to also satisfies this criteria).

We want these changes to offer a better environment for our players and not only improve their personal experience, but the quality of all competitions. It’s most fun when all teams are at their best. We hope to roll out this update in one month.

None of these changes are final, and they’re subject to change, but we think this will give you a clear idea of what we’re aiming to achieve. Let us know what you think on our official forums.
    Gamer_X and Ljepoje like this.

But one thing that they better fix is about home matches in the early morning...

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Sounds good.

Agree with pnr8555 - most of my games are between 2am-4am start time at where I am

Quote Originally Posted by ew11 View Post
    Sounds good.

Agree with pnr8555 - most of my games are between 2am-4am start time at where I am
    On my 35T team, my match always gone around 1AM and I quit that league. Now I'm figuring out how can I got home matches in my time...

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

What a load of cack! Seriously. They have been requested to sort the friendlies out for ages now. People begging them to put an end to non-mutually agreed games.

I have to laugh how they compare to real time .... in reality, Swansea cannot just turn up at Old Trafford for a friendly they decided should happen, without intense negotiations and forward planning. And they certainly wouldn't get that friendly during busy periods, it would be more likely pre-season.

They should set it so that both sides have to agree before it can even be scheduled!

I'll just continue to delete anyone who sets one up with my team any day I have a match. Even when you win them, which I usually do - they're worth sweet F.A. One normal training session brings in more skill points.
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 06-28-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    cracicot likes this.

I keep turning down peeps friend requests due to the friendlies, rather be Billy no mates and free gifts than extra games.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

MDKII
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I like how they mention this: "Top Eleven schedules its main Competition matches based on real-world time".
    The more they quote this, the more you can hold them to it. Putting 3 hours between matches is similar to 1 day between matches, but it is certainly better than 15 min, which would be RT hours between matches.
    I would just like to note that this doesn't refer to us scheduling matches inspired by real-world time, but that your fixtures display the time and date in the real world.

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    the only issue I have with this solution is this: "We hope to roll out this update in one month.". you would think with all the time they have, all the money they have, and all the programming experience they can purchase, that this would be implemented within the week - They should have been working on this a few months ago! Really! But if that is all I have to complain about, I consider myself and everyone else lucky.
    They're giving us one more season to prepare

It still doesn't fix the issue of auto-rejecting friendlies. What if someone challenges me at 1am, the game plays at 4am and I'm still asleep and don't reject? Auto-rejection toggles need to be implemented too for me to be completely satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by ew11 View Post
    Sounds good.

7pm for me

now what?

Hopefully this 'fix' should reduce the player quit rate on this game, I presume its a counter to the booster removals.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast