Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By July Fourth
  • 1 Post By fall
  • 1 Post By fall

Thread: League Table Adjusting Towards GD?

League Table Adjusting Towards GD?

I was comfortably leading the league by 11 points but had +35 goal difference compared to +50 of the guy coming second.. then i started loosing 5 games on the trott to some mid table teams and now the guy who was in second has moved up?

I noticed this with 3 of my accounts over the last 4-5 seasons that USUALLY the team with the highest goal difference wins? If this is true than this sucks tbh... how can they justify me loosing to low table teams even though i beat some top table teams? I am not here to ran but i am just curious is the League table adjusts according to Goal Difference?

Its very very rare to see a team coming on top of the table with goal difference lesser than the one who comes second or third...

Any Valuable input from some of the more seasoned pro's is welcome...

Pro
    are you saying when you are tied? That's the rule and it's pretty standard in real life football. They look at GD when you are tied with points.

Banned
    Acct#1 = 2nd place = 4th best GD
    Acct#2 = 2nd place = best GD
    Acct#3 = 1st place = best GD
    Acct#4 = 3rd place = 2nd best GD
    Acct#5 = 1st place = best GD

Its possible to be 1st place and have a low GD if you are a low scoring team and dont let in many goals.

Otherwise it makes sense for the team with the best GD to be 1st place since they usually either score the most goals or keep the most clean sheets....sometimes both.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Ubaid View Post
    I was comfortably leading the league by 11 points but had +35 goal difference compared to +50 of the guy coming second.. then i started loosing 5 games on the trott to some mid table teams and now the guy who was in second has moved up?

I noticed this with 3 of my accounts over the last 4-5 seasons that USUALLY the team with the highest goal difference wins? If this is true than this sucks tbh... how can they justify me loosing to low table teams even though i beat some top table teams? I am not here to ran but i am just curious is the League table adjusts according to Goal Difference?

Its very very rare to see a team coming on top of the table with goal difference lesser than the one who comes second or third...

Any Valuable input from some of the more seasoned pro's is welcome...
    that is how it works man .. and you should had scored more if you really wanted the title .. so overall he deserve it better
    champions are those who can best big and small clubs and who score goals for fun
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

On 2 occasions in last 3 seasons I've seen a team in my league that was in 2nd place towards the end of the season with NEGATIVE GD.
    tongly45 and Raykco like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

i lost to my best mate in GD in season 3 or 4 can't remember, despite beating him away 4-0 and drawing at home 2-2 .. i lost points facing crap teams .. but did i felt is unfair ? NO .. he scored more than me .. so fair enough
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Apprentice
    haha, is this a serious thread?

i was playing this team right, and the ball accidently went in my goal when my defender kicked it, but the referee gave them a goal. how is that fair?

also, my player was running with the ball, and one of their players came and slid on the ground and my player fell over, and the other player ran off with the ball, but the referee said that was allowed? whats going on?

i lost a game last week because a player on the other team kicked the ball really hard and it gave my goalkeeper no chance to stop it, it wasnt fair at all on my goalie
    Raykco likes this.
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

Apprentice
    i played this team the other day and my player handballed the ball and the referee pointed to this dot near the goal. and then the referee told my players that they couldnt go near the bal until the other player kicked it. the other player was already really close to the goal and had a huge goal to aim at. the referee said we couldnt errect a wall because it was in this thing called a penalty box?? so this player scored and celebrated as if he had achieved something massive.

one of my players hurt another player on the other team, but the referee didnt see him do it, but then this guy who wasnt even on the field started waving at him and the referee went over to him and this other guy told him that my player kicked their player, and the referee believed him and my player got sent off. how is that fair?
    Raykco likes this.
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

Did u guys even see what i typed..I asked if the league table is adjusting to goal difference.. thats it.. this was not a joke

Addicted
    The opposite happened to me this season.

With 5 games to go, I was in 2nd place, 3 points behind 1st with a GD of +43. At that time, the team in first had a GD of +60.

I went 4-1-0 over the last 5 games while the team in first went 2-2-1.

So, I moved from 2nd to 1st, 2 points ahead. I finished with a GD of +50 while 2nd place had a GD of +62.