Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ElPocho

Thread: Defense to win the league

Defense to win the league

From season 20 to 30 I won few leagues titles,only when I'm playing defense no matter what tactics I'm using ,it happened to me many times that lose to weaker teams because I'm playing normal or attacking.

I know this is not 100% the case but let's say most of the time it's like that .

what do you think about it guys ? I say if you are aiming to win the league and you have a good team you should play with a defensive mentality .
    curvasud772 likes this.

I agree you need a good team to stand a chance of winning the league but for the last few seasons I have played attacking and have won the league maybe 5 or 6 times in a row. I believe it is all about your overall tactics not just attacking/normal/defending etc.
    Thornton F.C level 23

Winner league in levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18, 19, 20,21,22

Winner champions league in level 6, 10
    Runner up CL in level 5, 8, 19

Cup finished 3rd in level 9,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve285 View Post
    I agree you need a good team to stand a chance of winning the league but for the last few seasons I have played attacking and have won the league maybe 5 or 6 times in a row. I believe it is all about your overall tactics not just attacking/normal/defending etc.

well me too after before lv 20 I ve won some leagues titles with a good team by playing attacking and even hard attacking but I noticed when you are in a competitive league especially between lv 25 and 30 if you play hard attacking then you are asking for a defeat since many managers are very taking care of their teams in those levels,of course I'm not speaking about weak and abandoned teams,I won more games playing defense even if my formation is meant to be for attacking

Apprentice
    With the recent AI changes, I felt that what used to work for me in ultra-defensive formations and tactics no longer work.
    Season 71, Level 61