Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: losing against weaker opponents

losing against weaker opponents

hi there, im new to top eleven, just getting manager lvl 3 now.

i got some question after reading in the forums.

first: my team is at 27 now.

league: opponents from 16 to 23
    CL: from 19 to 23
    cup: opponents was at 29, so im out

now the question: why im doing so bad in cl or my league?

before every game i study my opponents formation, looking for a counter formation (thx to the forum), changing passtyle, pressing etc.
    for now i got 2 win 2 draw 1 loss.

i did everything i could to counter their formations, besides my team is much stronger in every match up.

for example last season i did 1st place in the last game, doing quite bad for beeing around 7 points better than the rest.

i guess im doing something wrong, but i cant figure out what it could be!

And it's hard to tell from this post exactly what you are doing/not doing

First, well done for your successes so far, and reading all the guides and tutorials to learn more. This is a very basic football sim and if you hang around the forum you'll notice many results that don't occur the way the player expects - this is not dissimilar to real life, the 'best' teams don't always win

However, it seems that at the moment the game is very hard to predict, even for seasoned pros. Counter formations that used to work don't work anymore, being a higher quality team doesn't seem to make too much difference. Heck, my F2P team lost a match today against a team that only had 9 players on the pitch and my main team only won the cup last season on penalties, despite the fact that the opposition played for over an hour with only 8

They have clearly done so tweaking of the game engine, which is fine in principle because the game changes even in real life - Spain and Sanish football dominated for the last few years with a style that seemed unbeatable, yet that has collapsed in spectacular fashion this year

Personally, I would say the tweaks aren't working as they should - teams without managers present are doing better than those who turn up (that loss with my F2P teammwas the first game they haven't won and the first one I watched, for example)

Some will say this is a cynical attempt to get regular players to spend more money on the game to improve their teams. There may be a little truth in that. I would give the benefit of the doubt and say that they are trying to create a balance where buying scouts and watching games doesn't guarantee you results i.e. to keep the game a challenge and keep people interested

Suffice to say; you may be doing something wrong, I can't tell, or it may be the case that the engine is changed so greatly that whatever you do won't help. Many experienced managers are 'tanking' their seasons so that they get an easier run next year

At your level, though, I would think you can still turn your season around - at the end of the day, whatever issues are causing problems for you are causing the same problems for every other regular player
    Sxrenity likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

well thats theproblem, i cant figure out what im doing wrong

counter formations (if it really works) - done
    passstyle - done
    training - done
    moral - 100%
    fitness - well with 2 games a day ill drop down to 30% at the end of the day

but i dont understand when i see a team playing 4-4-2 with 4MC and 3 DL...and hes causing so much problems last season, besides he was 5 point weaker then me...

there are things i cant understand and i guess sth is not working as intended.

but well, its early in the season, i will see if ill go through the next CL round with my 27 team and a 16, 19 and 23 team. i guess then ill see if its just luck to win or loose.

Apprentice
    Quality of the squad isn't the quality of the first 11. People tend to forget that.

Anyhoo, are you dominating each match or are the stats in the opponents favour?

last round ive dominated every match with 65-80% possesions etc.

this season its only 50-60%

but ive to say that i only take the forum advices this season, so perhaps i should play my normal style, formation etc and the counter formations didnt seem to work so well so far.
    8 games, 7 favored (3-9 points stronger), 3-2-3 stats, and the wins are 1-0, 2-1, 1-0.
    a little frustrating.

you see, its not 99 vs 90, where its ok, you are just 10% better, its 27 against 18, so im 50% better
    its like barca in the spanish league, playing poor games

back to the roots

99 vs 90 doesn't mean 10% better, 27 and 18 doesn't mean 50 % better,
    i would say that 99 vs 90 are the same as 27 vs 18, and the fact that you have 1 * is not something far.
    Don't trust 100% counter formation, if you trust it be sure that you don't change anything till to end (even your team is losing).
    condition at 30% is too low your players are tired, before the match you should have at least 80 % (green)
    you should change money awards for match win.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    99 vs 90 doesn't mean 10% better, 27 and 18 doesn't mean 50 % better
    Err... I think you ought to revisit basic mathematics

OP, I think you are right about counters, most of the longer serving managers are frustrated because the tactics that used to work don't anymore - but many are still doing well sticking to one basic formation and learning it's strengths and weaknesses, with maybe a few minor tweaks here and there

If the game has been tweaked, we all basically need to go through a re-learning process, so relying on the forum might not be the best way to go
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    And it's hard to tell from this post exactly what you are doing/not doing

First, well done for your successes so far, and reading all the guides and tutorials to learn more. This is a very basic football sim and if you hang around the forum you'll notice many results that don't occur the way the player expects - this is not dissimilar to real life, the 'best' teams don't always win

However, it seems that at the moment the game is very hard to predict, even for seasoned pros. Counter formations that used to work don't work anymore, being a higher quality team doesn't seem to make too much difference. Heck, my F2P team lost a match today against a team that only had 9 players on the pitch and my main team only won the cup last season on penalties, despite the fact that the opposition played for over an hour with only 8

They have clearly done so tweaking of the game engine, which is fine in principle because the game changes even in real life - Spain and Sanish football dominated for the last few years with a style that seemed unbeatable, yet that has collapsed in spectacular fashion this year

Personally, I would say the tweaks aren't working as they should - teams without managers present are doing better than those who turn up (that loss with my F2P teammwas the first game they haven't won and the first one I watched, for example)

Some will say this is a cynical attempt to get regular players to spend more money on the game to improve their teams. There may be a little truth in that. I would give the benefit of the doubt and say that they are trying to create a balance where buying scouts and watching games doesn't guarantee you results i.e. to keep the game a challenge and keep people interested

Suffice to say; you may be doing something wrong, I can't tell, or it may be the case that the engine is changed so greatly that whatever you do won't help. Many experienced managers are 'tanking' their seasons so that they get an easier run next year

At your level, though, I would think you can still turn your season around - at the end of the day, whatever issues are causing problems for you are causing the same problems for every other regular player
    I second all of this.

I have a full squad of scouts or better and I'm struggling against teams with 10Q lower.

It seems to be the trend for this season and last.

To the OP - You aren't alone bud, there is a large majority of us that are quite dumbfounded by some of the results we've had recently.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Dreamer
    Don't worry mate, I lose to stronger opponents despite outplaying them in every stat, my boys can't find the back of the net this season hahaha.
    jklm_37 likes this.

well finally a win in CL after 4 games....oppenents are about 6-10 points weaker than me.
    i dont understand it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast