Thread: Worth a punt?

Rookie

Worth a punt?

Considering it's almost half way through the season, I spotted this player and took a punt
    Worth a punt?-striker.jpg

I'm in two minds on re-listing him, as his value is extremely cheap, which means he won't train as well.

Bonuses:

- He is already on the verge of 5 stars
    - 18 yo

Downsides:

- Slow trainer
    - Would have to train "one on one scorer" myself.

I hadn't planned on power training a striker till next year, when I was going to buy a high value 18yo and skill him firstly in "one on one scorer", then power train him to world class.

Is this guy worth doing that with? Or am I better starting from scratch next year with a player who has a high training level?

I'm in season two, with a 5 star (about to become 6) striker, and a 6 star (about to become 7) striker already. With a 5 star already on the bench, who bangs in tons of goals.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    IMO, I would aim some old striker close to 6 stars
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by darrenmcmillan View Post
    Considering it's almost half way through the season, I spotted this player and took a punt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striker.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	421

I'm in two minds on re-listing him, as his value is extremely cheap, which means he won't train as well.

Bonuses:

- He is already on the verge of 5 stars
    - 18 yo

Downsides:

- Slow trainer
    - Would have to train "one on one scorer" myself.

I hadn't planned on power training a striker till next year, when I was going to buy a high value 18yo and skill him firstly in "one on one scorer", then power train him to world class.

Is this guy worth doing that with? Or am I better starting from scratch next year with a player who has a high training level?

I'm in season two, with a 5 star (about to become 6) striker, and a 6 star (about to become 7) striker already. With a 5 star already on the bench, who bangs in tons of goals.
    I would get him up to 1 skill point below 6 star, and wait for negotiations to come in.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Pro
    "I'm in two minds on re-listing him, as his value is extremely cheap, which means he won't train as well."

Ι buyed a young player (MR 35/35/35) 18 y.o with starting price 5.8M (I Won the auction at 9.44M). That means that he gain training points easely????
    Last edited by Nikose; 12-29-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Rookie
    I sold him, his training speed was too slow

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikose View Post
    "I'm in two minds on re-listing him, as his value is extremely cheap, which means he won't train as well."

Ι buyed a young player (MR 35/35/35) 18 y.o with starting price 5.8M (I Won the auction at 9.44M). That means that he gain training points easely????
    Depends, if 5.8mil was cheap for a player of his rating, or even average, then his training speed won't be anything special, however if he was almost double the price of a normal player, he'll train exceptionally quicker. The final price you paid doesn't matter, just his original value.

Pro
    I know that only original value matters. Anyway normal price for a 35/35/35 18 y.o player is 2.2 to 3.2M

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikose View Post
    I know that only original value matters. Anyway normal price for a 35/35/35 18 y.o player is 2.2 to 3.2M
    Get power training him then, you could easily make him a legend over two seasons. One if you spend a lot of time.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenmcmillan View Post
    Get power training him then, you could easily make him a legend over two seasons. One if you spend a lot of time.
    And Tokens (Restpacks)!!!!!