Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By werewolf122

Thread: Overall Team Average vs Cup Draw Effect

Overall Team Average vs Cup Draw Effect

Hi guys, 1st post.

I am a level 5 player, quite a strong team, won the league each year, some cup success etc and I spend £13.99 each month/season on 170 odd tokens to improve my team. with this I tend to buy 3 6-star players at 50 tokens each and the remainder I buy one or two good players. I sell 3 or 4 weaker players each season and keep a relatively small squad of good quality-about 18 players averaging over 6 stars.

anyway, each year I get put in the cup with players of a similar team quality rating, however they can be from one or two levels above me. I find this quite frustrating, as they have the opportunity to buy players better than I can if they wish. I have also found that these teams can have a brilliant squad of about 14 players but another 10 'duds' who bring the whole average right down. so in the 1st round of the cup this year I think each match earned me 400k or something. I was against a guy from level 7 (two above me). do you think he was getting 400k a match as well or is he getting more since he's from a higher level?

anyway i'm fed up spending money, only to see little or no cup advantage. nordeus are clearly wanting me to spend more. however I am going to change my tactics and buy lots of 3 star players who are free agents to bring my average down, hopefully giving me a kinder draw.

anyone have thoughts/suggestions/advice on this?

would anyone like to see a cup comp. of just teams from their level?

Your top 14 players ratings decides the cup drawer ( so I read in another post) this happens every season . So if you are killing your league and have good quality players you lose out in the cup drawer , league and CL are done on manager level so that's how it works !!

Rightly or wrongly !!!!!!

cup has never been my priority so far
    Rowland Is the Fat conTROLLer

Like Phil advised, the cup draw is based on top 14 players. Since your team average is ard 6 stars, you will definitely be drawn against 1-3 levels higher than yours. Yes, it was a big disadvantage. But that's how it works.

There's always pro & con.
    1/ If your team is super strong like it's currently is at the beginning of the season, you are more or less guaranteed for League & CL. But you have almost no chance for the cup.
    2/ If you want to almost guarantee for the cup, you should have your top 14 players around 3-4 stars at the last day of the previous season. But then against you risk losing League & CL if you don't buy enough players for the new season. Even if you do, you will need to spend more tokens.
    3/ If you want to have a balanced chances for all League, CL, Cup & without spending a lot of tokens, you should have a team of mixtures of 3-6 stars players so that your average quality ard 3-4 stars.
    4/ If you want to guarantee for all & have loads of tokens to spend, sell all high quality players & buy 3 stars players at the end of the season. When starting of the new season, start to replace the low quality players by 5 stars.

So it all depends on personal preference.
    Phil Scrivener likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareback rattler View Post
    Hi guys, 1st post.

I am a level 5 player, quite a strong team, won the league each year, some cup success etc and I spend £13.99 each month/season on 170 odd tokens to improve my team. with this I tend to buy 3 6-star players at 50 tokens each and the remainder I buy one or two good players. I sell 3 or 4 weaker players each season and keep a relatively small squad of good quality-about 18 players averaging over 6 stars.

anyway, each year I get put in the cup with players of a similar team quality rating, however they can be from one or two levels above me. I find this quite frustrating, as they have the opportunity to buy players better than I can if they wish. I have also found that these teams can have a brilliant squad of about 14 players but another 10 'duds' who bring the whole average right down. so in the 1st round of the cup this year I think each match earned me 400k or something. I was against a guy from level 7 (two above me). do you think he was getting 400k a match as well or is he getting more since he's from a higher level?

anyway i'm fed up spending money, only to see little or no cup advantage. nordeus are clearly wanting me to spend more. however I am going to change my tactics and buy lots of 3 star players who are free agents to bring my average down, hopefully giving me a kinder draw.

anyone have thoughts/suggestions/advice on this?

would anyone like to see a cup comp. of just teams from their level?
    Think about it from the point of view of your league opposition, they haven't got a chance of competing against a token buyer such as yourself unless they bought tokens themselves.

Remember, money doesn't always buy success, there's pro's and cons to everything. I'm in the same boat as you but you can only complain so much within reason.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.