Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DrGonzo
  • 1 Post By DrGonzo

Thread: Default tactics = WIN

Default tactics = WIN

Hi all,

I wanted to share this thing I've noticed during this second season I've been playing.

I started the season with quite a good team, the best in fact of my league when it comes to quality (now I have an average of 19.4, and the second best of my league is 16.9). Despite this, my start of the season was miserable... I started losing against teams which were weaker than mine. A lot... at some point I was in 5th position in the League.

I tried everything, changing my formation, setting new orders agains each team... everything. And nothing changed, I kept on losing, or winning with a big effort against teams that I should be wiping out. I attend every match, and nothing changed.

I couldn't understand it, but as I was reading here in the forum many people complaining over the same thing, I just accepted it.

So a week ago I got sick of it, and decided to change the orders of my team to "default" ones, and keeping the formation where I could use all the best players of my team (4-1-3-1-1):

- Mentality: Normal
    - Pass: Mixed
    - Pressing: Own field
    - Tackles: Normal
    - Pass: Mixed
    - Defense: Zonal
    - No counter - no offside

And suddenly... I started winning again! And not only winning, but massacring. Since then, I've had no problem against any team, on League, CL and Cup. Yesterday I even won in the Cup against a team with more quality than mine. And in the League I'm already back in track, in 2dn position just 2 points behind first. A week ago I had a gap of 11 points.

I feel that changing the orders from the team to more suitable ones for the formation I was using worked against the team. Dunno why, but as soon as I set them as "default" the team started playing great again.

Of course I've also thought that this could be because I'm only level 2... but still wanted to share this with you, to see what you think about it.
    Last edited by DrGonzo; 07-18-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    flatthg likes this.
    My team: AC Barcelona

Season 2 Level 2: Current
    Season 1 Level 1: League winner; Cup finalist

Had the same experience in the first season, I think changing tactics to often on players in this quality range is contra productive. It's been better to have a main Tactic, and maybe two fallback Tactic's then switching the Tactic from game to game. When I figured this out after a few matches by comparing my games with the games of others and watching a lot of games, I changed my Tactic to one default way, doesn't changed if not needed and start wining.

In this second Season I defaulted to 4-5-1-V Style, my fallbacks are narrow Diamond and 4-4-2 classic. My overall Team quality is 29,6 so in the League I never lost any game, even if I use my second Team. I'm still in CL and Cup, while at the Cup challenge I kicked out a Level 5 Manager, which Team was in Numbers better then mine.
    Last edited by flatthg; 07-18-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flatthg View Post
    Had the same experience in the first season, I think changing tactics to often on players in this quality range is contra productive. It's been better to have a main Tactic, and maybe to fallback Tactic's then switching the Tactic from game to game. When I figured this out after a few matches by comparing my games with the games of others and watching a lot of games, I changed my Tactic to one default way, doesn't changed if not needed and start wining.

In this second Season I defaulted to 4-5-1-V Style, my fallbacks are narrow Diamond and 4-4-2 classic. My overall Team quality is 29,6 so in the League I never lost any game, even if I use my second Team. I'm still in CL and Cup, while at the Cup challenge I kicked out a Level 5 Manager, which Team was in Numbers better then mine.
    Thx for your comment. During my first season I didn't change any order from the team, and everything went perfect. It was during this new season that I decided to change the orders, and suddenly the team started playing bad.

So I guess it must be as you say, on low levels, maybe because we mostly play against "bots", it's better not to change the orders from the team and leave them in Default. Surely when we start playing more often against real people we'll need more adjustments, and new orders for the team.

But I would like to hear the opinion of someone more experienced on the game...
    flatthg likes this.
    My team: AC Barcelona

Season 2 Level 2: Current
    Season 1 Level 1: League winner; Cup finalist

you are level 2 team, and your opponent is inactive his moral, condition drop in 2nd or 3rd semain, player injured banned,... and normally you 'll win without any probleme, 19,4 is too low for a standard level 2 team but if you have no cup no champion league, no need to invest more
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015