Thread: Preliminary Rounds Question

Preliminary Rounds Question

Do Preliminary rounds affect your record or mean anything or are they just like friendlies? I was debating on starting my first team or having my second team play the preliminary game.

Thanks!

They are important and decide if you qualify for the next round and are nothing like friendlies!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Apprentice
    Preliminary round is important if u wanna stay in the Cup. If u dont care about the Cup. Yea play ur 2nd tran.

Thanks for the info! Glad I checked as I was about to play my second team thinking this wasn't a very important game.

They are cup matches!
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    pls dont say Cup isnt important, there is more money to win in Cup (at least for me it was the case every season from season 2 to 7)
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Apprentice
    I play in 5 mins. Against an inactive player. 1st leg was away and i tied 1-1

I have won the CL and the league twice, but cannot get going in the cup at all. I have a strong squad and can whoopmost teams at my level. But much lesser quality teams beat me time and again in the cup. I think it's the most fiddled comp in the game. It's just too random, doesn't seem to matter what you do.

Whereas the CL and League seem to be more in line with the stats. Weaker teams don't often beat well trained, well maintained, stronger squads. Much more like reality. There will be the odd upset of course, but that cup ... every game seems to be.