Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Concentrate on league or cup?

Concentrate on league or cup?

Hey all.

It's pretty much what it says on the tin, I don't know if you can see my progress on my profile, if not then I will tell you anyway.

I have played 11 league games in Level 2 and won the all. I have just played someone today and beat him/her 2-1, who's in 2nd place and also undefeated till now, so I am 6 points ahead of 2nd place and I don't look like bottling it to be honest. But I'm sorta shocked about the cup, I have lost 1 game in 22 games (including friendlies) that one loss was in the very first round of the cup 1st leg but won second leg to progress, I was happy to reach to the play off round but I have seen my team go to the 1/8 and faced a team who is better than mine (My average rating is 18.8 and opposition in the cup is 19.6). So expecting to get hammered by the other team in the cup, I won 3-1 at my stadium, shall I go and try win the cup or concentrate on the league?

Preston - Level 2
    League title = 0
    Promotions = 1
    Best league Finish = 7th
    Champions league qualifications = 0
    Cups won = 0
    Best cup run = Qualifying round

Current Season = 2
    Current league Position = 1st
    League games played = 11
    League points = 33
    League level = 2
    Cup progress = 1/8 won first leg 3-1
    CL progress = DNQ
    Last edited by Jack Pnefc Howarth; 08-09-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Adding more detail.

18.8 is too low for a level 2 player, try to improve your quality first. 19.6 and 18,8 is ... the same thing, tactics will decide who is the better. don't worry about it.
    concentrate in the Cup, win the cup may be 5 times more difficult for you in the future.
    ppturano and Cat Harrison like this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Why not both ???? go for it !!!!
    Rowland Is the Fat conTROLLer

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Scrivener View Post
    Why not both ???? go for it !!!!
    Yes, not a bad way of looking at it...

The reality is you should always put the league first and the cups should be seen as a bonus. If you get into a position where your quite far infront of the league then you can always concentrate more on the cups. Of course there is also things in the league that can also be achieved such as an unbeaten season or 26-0-0 but there is no extra prize money for being the invincibles compared to doing well in the cups.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

is more difficult to win the cup, then concentrated on the cup
    TRIPLETE FC
    Italian Team, Season 18, Level 18

5 Time Treble Winners
    (Season 3,12,14,15,17)

16 League Titles
    Season 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17
    11 Champions League Titles
    Season 2,3,4,5,6,7,10,12,14,15,17
    8 Cup Titles
    Season 1,3,9,11,12,14,15,17

my team showcase, here: TRIPLETE FC (Italian Team)

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    18.8 is too low for a level 2 player, try to improve your quality first. 19.6 and 18,8 is ... the same thing, tactics will decide who is the better. don't worry about it.
    concentrate in the Cup, win the cup may be 5 times more difficult for you in the future.
    Its clearly not too low as hes 6 points ahead of second, undefeated and has one foot in the semis of the cup. his quality is only relevant to the rest of the quality in his league, which hes clearly better than

Pro
    to the OP, id say 6 points is a decent cushion to concentrate on the cup (bearing in mind that the top 4 places get champs league football next season, youll only lose a little prize money). The cups are the hardest thing to win in this game, ive been to the final twice in 8 seasons, never won it. Ive won the champs league 4 times and the league at every attempt............says it all really!

Pro
    Also to the OP be cautious of the away leg, dont go into this thinking its all said and done, 2 goals is all he needs and like u say hes slightly better quality than you, be prepared!

Keep us updated on here, love the romance of the cup

This is how the league goes for anyone who wants to look at it

Concentrate on league or cup?-untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Its clearly not too low as hes 6 points ahead of second, undefeated and has one foot in the semis of the cup. his quality is only relevant to the rest of the quality in his league, which hes clearly better than
    agree but
    1. if one of his opponent improve his squad to 25Q what would you think? it's very easy at level 2
    2, improve his team now give him a clear avantage in the cup. i'd say 18.8Q he has only 12.5% in the cup but when 25Q he has at least 50%
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast