Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dv8r
  • 1 Post By Freshmeat
  • 1 Post By Smoggie

Thread: What about luck?

Rookie

What about luck?

Is there anything like luck involved in the matches? Coz i am first in the league, but i lost both matches against the second (narrowly thou). First match could be about tactics, but second match he had 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond and me 4-5-1 V formation, but even thou i lost. I see the ratings of my players and i got many 6 and even two got 5! (Never saw a 5 before!). So i dont really understand why i lost... thats why i am 30 and he is 24. attached there are some images of the match... think the guy bought tokens and i did never buy or something like this :S I am the one in the right, he won 1-0 :/

What about luck?-formations.pngWhat about luck?-statistics.pngWhat about luck?-ratings.jpg

The game engine decided to throw a loss at you to make the league look more interesting. It does happen to the best of managers
    Yinhung likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    The game engine decided to throw a loss at you to make the league look more interesting. It does happen to the best of managers
    Hahahhahahaha ty for including me in "the best managers" group Ye, i think i did all good, just got bad luck or did not buy tokens so got penalised ^_^ We will see how it goes, but its frustrating sometimes (last season lost quarter finals of the champions against a team scored 15 while i was 25... tactics were not the best but were ok, he only had a good player, scout... so guessin that paying gives u more chances to win).

I unexpectedly lost a pretty important match in the league today as well, which will end up costing me first place, so I can sympathize. Almost all elements of the game are ultimately random, although you can skew the odds in your favor through tactics, formation and simply having a better team. But it is perfectly possible for you to have more ball possession and more shots/shots on target, a better formation or whatever and still lose. Or for your team to make less than half the amount of fouls your opponent does, yet you're the one who gets three yellow cards and they get three free kicks.

Compare it to rolling a die a bunch of times and not getting a six, and then someone else picks up the same die and rolls six on their first and only try. It happens. Everyone gets a bad beat every once in a while.
    Yinhung likes this.

Freshmeat the same has just happened to me i'm top of the league i just played a team i've beaten before both teams had the same formation in previous game when i beat him his player ratings 16 mine is 26.
    i had 70% possesion he had 30% i had most shots at goal and on target. yet i got beat 3-1 . i had 3 bookings in 1 game all miss the next league game. funny thing is since i gave the players increased bonuses they seem to have struggled the last couple of games.
    Yinhung likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
    funny thing is since i gave the players increased bonuses they seem to have struggled the last couple of games.
    This happened to me as well, soon as I cut the bonuses, they started to win games for me
    Only The Strong Survive

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Pretty bad, it happen to me with an worst team. Is not the first and it won't be the last time when you will get results like this one.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook