Thread: Strength of cup teams

Strength of cup teams

Why are there so many really strong teams in the cup? Teams in the league (and champions league) are all manageable for my team, but teams in the cup that I'm coming up against (all which are my level) are really strong and consistently better than me.
    Currently reading Kick-Off on my iPad.
    Top Eleven Manager Level: 5

In cup each group is made according to the strength of the teams.

I'm level 9 but my team is quite strong so I'm playing the cup at level 11, where all the teams has more or less the same quality
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    In cup each group is made according to the strength of the teams.

I'm level 9 but my team is quite strong so I'm playing the cup at level 11, where all the teams has more or less the same quality
    That makes sense - looks like I'll be exiting the cup in this round, because I can't see myself beating my next opponent despite using some innovative tactics
    Currently reading Kick-Off on my iPad.
    Top Eleven Manager Level: 5

That's why the cup is the hardest comp to win. I've only managed it once with my second team. My best team, never even made the semis. there's always a much better team awaiting.

Tonight my level 6 team face a team that would do well in a level 7 league. My level 5 team face a team that would easily fit into and dominate a level 6 league.

My poor level 2 side are already out of it.

All 3 though, have a chance in the CL. As that goes by level rather than Q

I think they have it the wrong way around tbh.
    It's all luck, nothing more. Whether bad or good.

I am constantly drawn against stronger teams( 1 season ahead) in the cup so exit early but I have won the Champions league 4 out of 5 seasons.

I've won it 3/5 and finished 2nd the other 2 times. Yet can't beat the cup with that same team. Like I said, they have it backwards. A "Champions" league, should have the toughest of the tough at each level, where the cup is always one for the minnows.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    I've won it 3/5 and finished 2nd the other 2 times. Yet can't beat the cup with that same team. Like I said, they have it backwards. A "Champions" league, should have the toughest of the tough at each level, where the cup is always one for the minnows.
    Well it depends on your point of view. Most ppl complaining about the cup are hardcore or semihardcore managers with a 5-6 star squad (at least) for their manager lvl and are sucked in a cup group of 2 lvls ahead and struggle to advance. Think of the other side though. Casual managers have a team lvl of 3-4 stars and struggle to advance in the cl BUT in the cup they are placed in groups with lower lvl managers (with relatively close team lvl) and it is much easier for them to advance. So if you ask a "weak team's" manager, he will answer << cl is impossible to win. I have good chances to advance/win the cup, though!>>.

I've yet to face a team 2 levels ahead of me. My team are a solid 5*

Rookie
    maybe you're at the second higher lvl of the server. By the end of the season i usually have an overall quality of 1-2 points below 6th star and I am always sent in cup group with teams 2 lvls ahead. And I'm usually out by the 3rd round :<