Thread: Factors that have impact on possession

vad
    Apprentice

Factors that have impact on possession

I noticed that sometimes if I make a replacement during the game that changes the formation, it results in very big change in the possession. Recently I had a match where my DC was injured, and I replaced him with DMC. The possession level changed from 60 in my favor to 80 in opponent's, and before I managed to replace DMC by another DC, which restored my advantage, he already scored.

However, an injured player does not seem to have any significant impact. In another game, two of opponent's players were injured, with no replacements, and the possession stayed pretty much the same.

I'd think, the impact of these two events should be the other way around. So I wonder, is this by design?

Rookie
    Did you still have at least 3 players in the defense line after the dc->dmc replacement?

Depends from formations.

vad
    Apprentice
    Here's new example. When the game starts, my formation is the right one on the picture. My possession level=20%. I replace DL for AML (about the same quality, if not less), move AMC to AMR, and possession becomes 60%. Can somebody explain?
    Factors that have impact on possession-snapshot.jpg

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vad View Post
    Here's new example. When the game starts, my formation is the right one on the picture. My possession level=20%. I replace DL for AML (about the same quality, if not less), move AMC to AMR, and possession becomes 60%. Can somebody explain?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapshot.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	12842
    read about illegal formation, countless threads on here. In short, because you didnt have a player on the righthand side, you were penalized with having only 20% possession.