Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.

Dreamer

Post -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.

Hi guys. Here's a quick thread with some data about injuries.

My goal is to try to figure out if Physical & Mental stats, Condition & Moral, player age, and Grass Quality of Pitch, play any noticeable role in the cause of injuries.

I first started by PTing the "weaker" half of my squad (11 players), meaning the players with the least quality, and thus the least amount of Physical & Mental stats, from 73/76% condition to 0%.

I then did the same with the "stronger" half (the players with the most Physical stats thus), to see if there would be any noticeable difference in the amount of injuries received.

Some screens, to illustrate the results.

My squad before the training so you can see the selected players (weaker half first, then the stronger half) :
    -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

After an intensive Practice Match, Cardio, and Stretching (of the weaker players, 26 to 33 avg phys. stats) :
    -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
    As you can see I got 0 Injury.

I then did couple of Stretchings, and a Cardio, to bring them to 0% Condition :
    -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-ccccccccccccccccccccccccc.jpg
    Again, 0 Injury.

It seems thus that, even though my Pitch quality is only at 20% injury reduction my players with low Physical stats, are able to go through a full PTing session without a single injury.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-dddddddddddddddddddd.jpg   -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg  
    Last edited by kebess; 09-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Dreamer
    Up next is the stronger players (32 to 40 avg phys. stats).

After an intensive Practice Match, Cardio, and Stretching :
    -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-dddddddddddddddddddd.jpg
    0 Injury.

Then a second set of the 3 training exercise to bring them to 0% condition :
    -- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
    Yep, 0 Injury.

What can we make of this ? Obviously, the first thing that comes in mind is that, perhaps, I need more data, because this seems rather odd.

Either I was extremely lucky, and managed to avoid getting a single injury, either absolutely none of the known factors (Physical stats, Condition, Pitch quality, etc...) play any noticeable role in causing injuries, even though Nordeus has confirmed many times that intensive training at low Condition has a "very high" chance of hurting players.

The only way to be sure is thus to get more samples of data, obviously. And so I'll be repeating this experiment at least twice more in the upcoming days (weeks, depending on my tokens...).

Hopefully, by the end, we will be able to come to a pretty valid conclusion.

Feel free to comment !
    Last edited by kebess; 09-29-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Dreamer
    Extra video data for the skeptics, : )

Strong players footage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA9dFVbQQnw

Weak players footage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYXfN2cH0YA

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Good on you! The more data the more we have to make an hypothesis on.
    kebess and Saransh Vatsa like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    Hi guys. Here's a quick thread with some data about injuries.

My goal is to try to figure out if Physical & Mental stats, Condition & Moral, player age, and Grass Quality of Pitch, play any noticeable role in the cause of injuries.

I first started by PTing the "weaker" half of my squad (11 players), meaning the players with the least quality, and thus the least amount of Physical & Mental stats, from 73/76% condition to 0%.

I then did the same with the "stronger" half (the players with the most Physical stats thus), to see if there would be any noticeable difference in the amount of injuries received.

Some screens, to illustrate the results.

My squad before the training so you can see the selected players (weaker half first, then the stronger half) :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	13054

After an intensive Practice Match, Cardio, and Stretching (of the weaker players, 26 to 33 avg phys. stats) :

Name:	bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	13055
    As you can see I got 0 Injury.

I then did couple of Stretchings, and a Cardio, to bring them to 0% Condition :

Name:	ccccccccccccccccccccccccc.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	13056
    Again, 0 Injury.

It seems thus that, even though my Pitch quality is only at 20% injury reduction my players with low Physical stats, are able to go through a full PTing session without a single injury.
    Apparently, pitch condition only affect game activities and not training. You dont train on your main pitch anyways, there is a training facility for that and it mentions nothing about grass quality or reduction of injuries. Maybe Nordeus can give their explanation of that, but I doubt they give a ****.

Not only that, but it is still early for Nordeus to put the injury meter on full power....it usually happens after the halfway mark of the season and gets worse every day after that as you get to the championship games.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Not only that, but it is still early for Nordeus to put the injury meter on full power....it usually happens after the halfway mark of the season and gets worse every day after that as you get to the championship games.
    Hum, so injury is dependent of the date? This is quite disturbing if it's true.

Apparently, pitch condition only affect game activities and not training. You dont train on your main pitch anyways, there is a training facility for that and it mentions nothing about grass quality or reduction of injuries. Maybe Nordeus can give their explanation of that, but I doubt they give a ****.
    I did ask myself that question, but on the Grass quality description, it doesn't say anything about it being only applicable to matches, or not applicable to training.

-- Injuries -- Some Interesting Data.-fffffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg

But in any case, I doubt that 20% reduction, I have, was helpful in any mentionable way.

Dreamer
    I'll only improve it once I see some injuries coming in, or it would be quite useless for this experiment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    Hum, so injury is dependent of the date? This is quite disturbing if it's true.

I did ask myself that question, but on the Grass quality description, it doesn't say anything about it being only applicable to matches, or not applicable to training.

Name:	fffffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	13060

But in any case, I doubt that 20% reduction, I have, was helpful in any mentionable way.
    No, it is only experience and others complaints that says that more injuries happen after the halfway mark. Your experience this season should show that, I am guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Maybe the practice matches r played on the ground.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Maybe the practice matches r played on the ground.
    Maybe but if they mimic real life as they say they try to do with this game, then they dont play practise matches on the ground. Liverpool practise at Melwood, not Anfield. ManUre use Carrington for their practice matches.

So why would they do practice matches on their main field when we have the training facilities? It is only logical.

BUT if you want to use your main field for a practice match, go ahead and try....lol. Let me know if you can...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast