Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Longest duration for which u have kept a player???

Longest duration for which u have kept a player???

Its just a thread so that u all can post who has stayed in your team 4 the longest durations. Is he still playing or not. How did u buy him, how good was he( he has to be good as he was in your team for the longest duration), what position , if u sold him then why and 4 how much, etc. You may also post about the player that has been with u for the shortest duration!!! So recall your memory.

I'll start-
    Longest Duration: Hedi Pujol( bought him in season 2 and stayed till season 6 start.) I spent the more no. of tokens on him than I have spent on many players, that's 5!!! he was 5 star AMC, he was the top scorer in his 1st season and the second season. he turned 5 star frm 4 star in his second season. in his third season he missed the top scorer by some 2-3 goals as he had been injured for 4 matches. In his fourth season i.e my fifth season, he was 3 star. Played half season in starting 11 but the rest of the team was much better and he cudn't keep up so he went in subs. Played only 10 matches that season in playing 11 and scored about 5 I guess. Played once or twice as sub in the middle of the game and I rmember he saved us from ko in ch. league quarters by an 89th min goal. Next season he was two stars. I was sad while pressing the sell button on the fourth day of the season. so I didn't. He played his last match which was a tribute to him that day in the league. He didn't score but he assisted. but I cudn't keep him for long so sold him that day for about 1 million. He was 27 then, still quite young. If I had a team hall of fame he would have surely been there. It was a bit long, I got emotional. :P

shortest duration: Some dumb Goktas last season. He played one match only in which he missed 2 one on ones and even a penalty given to him. he was 4 star but has high attacking skills. And the best part, he got injured for 8 days in the same game in the 85th min. Bought and sold him on the same day. Had a loss of a token and a few grands!!!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I have a few players at level 7, that I bought at level 3, I think. They were young scouts, so I wasn't letting them go for nothing. trained them up and they're still going good - they're now reserves, but get a run out for non important matches.
    It's all luck, nothing more. Whether bad or good.

Pro
    Interesting topic, Vasta.
    As a newbie, in season 3, I sold my best player at 28yrs, for the cash to strengthen the squad with two younger players at higher grading.
    Although they are not as outstanding as their predecessor, the rotation has worked in the cup and league.
    Did I do wrong?

Apprentice
    My 18 year old defender centre. I also thought I inherited him in the team but another look, see he was a different nationality so I must have bought him. This guy is a fast trainer and has been my best defender every season until this one. Has aerial ability as well. So lucky I somehow got him.

Probably got another two seasons in him.

TLDR: 6 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    Interesting topic, Vasta.
    As a newbie, in season 3, I sold my best player at 28yrs, for the cash to strengthen the squad with two younger players at higher grading.
    Although they are not as outstanding as their predecessor, the rotation has worked in the cup and league.
    Did I do wrong?
    Its vatsa.

Pro
    Apologies, my fault.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Some people are dyslexic typers, Vatsa

I am on Season Six, I have 4 players from my original squad. I also have a couple I bought first season, as well.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pro
    At least I got the correct lettrs in

Pro
    Mr Kat, wasta weather like by you. And how are your teams and players performing. Is it worthwhile holding onto a good performer or farm him out fr breeding proposes?
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I have a player at my club who is playing his 11th season for the club.

Over 425 appearances, 400 assists and 500 goals to his name.
    Cat Harrison and ppturano like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast