Thread: A few questions

Rookie

A few questions

So i noticed that in level 1 & 2, i had a gd of around +70, and i also noticed that my main striker was scoring 35 goals a season ( Nothing to complain about ) I was scoring about 90 goals a season.

And i looked at this season, and i had scored less goals than half the teams in my level 3 league, and realized that my striker had only played 10 games this season netting 9 goals and 14 assists.

Is there a reason why my other players cant seem to score? One striker scored 11 goals in 26 games. The only difference is i have made a formation switch this season from past season's.

I used to play a 4-5-1v or a 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond. But this season i am playing more flat formations 4-5-1 / 3-5-2 / 4-4-2. And so forth. The reason for the switch was that my attacking players where of poor quality, and i picked up good quality players that would suite a flatter formation.

I improved my defense so it is all now 6* or 5* players. Yet i have conceded more goals than defenses with 3* players. My defense's average form per player is 8. Where as my midfield which is mostly all 6* is average 5 form. My strike force is 9 form.

I dominate games 70/30 possession i had 22 shots vs his 9. He had 7 on target i had 1. Yet both my strikers earned a rating of 9. And his defense got 4-5 rating.

So heres my questions :

How when you buy a player for 12 tokens do you know if he is going to a be a good performer or a bad one. My MC for instance, cost me 9 tokens, 1 skill point and he hit 6*. Score 5 goals in 5 games, yet his average form is 4. Yet my 2* MC has scored 3 goals in 19 games ( alot of injuries = playing time ) And averages 8 form.

How can you score with a flat formation and with a team superior to the people you play.

And how can my solid defense that constantly perform well constantly concede and yet teams with a 3* defense constantly keep clean sheets.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

You don't know if he's going to be a good performer or not. Your best bet is to look at his current club record and see how well he is doing. If he doesn't have a club well... you just have to chance it.

Question 2 is too vague, you can score with any formation against a far superior team if you set up your orders right. Generally you should play attacking since if you defend you'll probably concede and not attack.

Don't worry about defence. You'll always concede somehow, the game is made to frustrate you lol

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Rookie
    Well i run a 4-4-2 / 5-4-1 / 3-5-2. Attacking / threw the middle, short passing ( Mixed if i feel i need it )

And scoring goals is a big thing for me, im behind almost everybody. For example, the top 4 teams including myself played bottom of the league, he concede 43 goals vs 4 teams. One of those goals where mine. I was at home, dominated possession but didnt make any real chances.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    Level Four
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six