Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By cracicot
  • 1 Post By kebess
  • 2 Post By cracicot
  • 1 Post By Nicky

Thread: Experience vs Quality vs Value

Rookie

Experience vs Quality vs Value

I read a lot about buying players with high stars ie quality/skills. But how much does experience count in this game?
    I've got 2 defenders aged 29 and 30, they get 7s in almost every match but they're only 3 stars (13) and valued at 43k
    My keeper (from the start) has been decent, but only Q11. My reserve GK is retiring so I've been looking for a goal keeper and found one aged 23, 5stars (now 6 after 5 games) valued at 820k

But since installing him as my starting GK, I've had 4 draws 1 win and no cleansheets but he gets slightly above avg ratings.
    On the other hand, I've had 6 cleansheets in 16games with my other keeper.

So, is it his inexperience thats leaking those goals? My back 4 has remained constant for about 90% of the season

So, your views on Exp vs Quality and also suggestions on shoring up my defence pls

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I have found that there is something to experience, I have a lot of young players, and they can have really bad games! Consistency has a lot to be said for, especially defensive players. A friends team has two guys going to be retiring and he's bummed' cos even if they are three stars, they do great. So if you have a guy that plays well, no matter the stars, keep him.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I have found that there is something to experience, I have a lot of young players, and they can have really bad games! Consistency has a lot to be said for, especially defensive players. A friends team has two guys going to be retiring and he's bummed' cos even if they are three stars, they do great. So if you have a guy that plays well, no matter the stars, keep him.
    Whereas, I have found that age means only one thing: slow accumulation of skill points.

I have not been able to co-relate anything between success and age.

Remember, this is a mickey-mouse internet browser game. This is NOT Football Manager. This does not have the complexity that any other console game has and certainly does not have the complexity that people on this forum give it.

This game is still in its infancy and needs serious help advancing to a state where it is worth putting money into. That being said, there are many things built into this game that mean absolutely nothing that are important in other managerial games: height, foot, age, skill (lol), Special Ability....these all mean nothing in this game. But interestingly enough, they put it in so it looks complex and worth the money, like Football Manager. It is all smoke and mirrors.

Age means nothing except skill point accumulation rates
    Nicky, CarlTaut and kebess like this.

Dreamer
    Remember, this is a mickey-mouse internet browser game.
    Exactly.

@OP :

After my latest results, I'm almost completely convinced that the only true important thing you can go for is quality. The rest has no evidence at all, to have any effect on your success. Only irrelevant speculations.

Go for quality, it's the only thing you can count on, when the game doesn't totally troll you, of course.
    Last edited by kebess; 10-16-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    cracicot likes this.
    Favorite Formations : 4-1-4-1 // 4-5-1 (F/V) // 4-4-1-1 // 4-4-2

Some thoughts on them :
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-thoughts.html

Even I had a 3 star one-on-one stopper last season, who had been playing since 2 seasons be4 that. HE was the best keeper I have ever had!!! Exceptional. Since he was retiring at the end of last last season, I bought a 5 star keeper named Graikos who was 21 yo. He was avg last season but had been pathetic this season. So I bought a 4* 21 yo keeper who has been good so far. So, it depends. Graikos is still better Q than my new keeper and even an year older. But my younger one is better. While the best keeper I ever has played for me since the age of 31 to 34. So, experience according to me matters but most important reason for such bad performance by good Q young players is tht it is probably in their blood. They have good attributes but can't perform. And may also be luck as one player might not work one season and be good another season. I will try Graikos again next season and if he continues to be bad, I wil sell him off.... Like u see, Ramsee is a gr8 player and has shown his worth. Lat season he has some 8 goals in 92 matches and this season 8 goals in 10 matches. So, last season was probably not good for him in terms of goals, he played good anyways!!!

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Even I had a 3 star one-on-one stopper last season, who had been playing since 2 seasons be4 that. HE was the best keeper I have ever had!!! Exceptional. Since he was retiring at the end of last last season, I bought a 5 star keeper named Graikos who was 21 yo. He was avg last season but had been pathetic this season. So I bought a 4* 21 yo keeper who has been good so far. So, it depends. Graikos is still better Q than my new keeper and even an year older. But my younger one is better. While the best keeper I ever has played for me since the age of 31 to 34. So, experience according to me matters but most important reason for such bad performance by good Q young players is tht it is probably in their blood. They have good attributes but can't perform. And may also be luck as one player might not work one season and be good another season. I will try Graikos again next season and if he continues to be bad, I wil sell him off.... Like u see, Ramsee is a gr8 player and has shown his worth. Lat season he has some 8 goals in 92 matches and this season 8 goals in 10 matches. So, last season was probably not good for him in terms of goals, he played good anyways!!!
    Like I said, speculations, : )

Some thoughts on them :

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    Like I said, speculations, : )
    almost everything is speculation until proven. We cant prove anything without some intervention from Nordeus. They know all the details and are refusing to confirm or deny even the simplest of game details that would make playing this game more enjoyable and gameplay more understandable.

We all know that they cam program a player to perform better after a few games by lowering his skills with penalties for the troll engine to interpret, and after a few games his skills come up to normal. Does this happen? Only Nordeus knows.
    CarlTaut and Saransh Vatsa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Whereas, I have found that age means only one thing: slow accumulation of skill points.

Remember, this is a mickey-mouse internet browser game. This is NOT Football Manager. This does not have the complexity that any other console game has and certainly does not have the complexity that people on this forum give it.

This game is still in its infancy and needs serious help advancing to a state where it is worth putting money into. That being said, there are many things built into this game that mean absolutely nothing that are important in other managerial games: height, foot, age, skill (lol), Special Ability....these all mean nothing in this game. But interestingly enough, they put it in so it looks complex and worth the money, like Football Manager. It is all smoke and mirrors.

Absolutely right
    CarlTaut likes this.
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

Dreamer

Just realize I didn't read the whole thing earlier, : )

But yeah, I couldn't agree more. This is basically what I said in my "Could It Be?" post... I couldn't have summarize it better myself.

almost everything is speculation until proven. We cant prove anything without some intervention from Nordeus. They know all the details and are refusing to confirm or deny even the simplest of game details that would make playing this game more enjoyable and gameplay more understandable.

We all know that they cam program a player to perform better after a few games by lowering his skills with penalties for the troll engine to interpret, and after a few games his skills come up to normal. Does this happen? Only Nordeus knows.
    Agreed.

Some thoughts on them :