Thread: Adding Non-Facebook Friends?

Angry Adding Non-Facebook Friends?

Hello everyone,

I decided to look through the history and found that there has been a single post about this, but no definitive response... and it was posted in January. I do not have a facebook account and don't plan on getting one again. (deleted my account well over 3 years ago). Why is it that when I send an "invite to play" via email it tells the other person to sign in to facebook, but we can't actually add each other? This to me seems absolutely absurd. Each device has unique keys and you even give unique keys to each manager when they create a team. That being said it would only be a couple lines of code to add to allow people to befriend each other using this manager code.

So my main question is: For how long this game has been around, why is adding someone via managerial code not an option? I am quite peeved that I cannot even add my brother as a friend in this game if I do not have a facebook account...

-Freakshow

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    So I take it you play on your phone? When you email an invite, it is from the phone app? I am sorry, this *is* a social network game, and the primary place most users play is on facebook, the game was written for that. I have not experienced what you are with that, I am sorry to say. (Have you considered having a "dummy" FB account that you use for nothing but the game?) Maybe someone else has ideas on this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    So I take it you play on your phone? When you email an invite, it is from the phone app? I am sorry, this *is* a social network game, and the primary place most users play is on facebook, the game was written for that. I have not experienced what you are with that, I am sorry to say. (Have you considered having a "dummy" FB account that you use for nothing but the game?) Maybe someone else has ideas on this.
    Sorry Cat, do you know for a fact that this game was written for FB initially? It was either the topeleven.com or the FB app that came first, and I have no clue which it was. If it was the FB first, then it would be a social network game. If it was topeleven.com first, then it is NOT a social network game. If it is not a social network game, then what freakshow is saying has merit.

At the end of the day, this is another coding issue that can easily be dealt with but it seems that Nordeus is a bit short on programming knowledge these days.

How can you have an online gaming company be short of programmers? It defies belief! This is their bread and butter, their whole reason for existance! It is just showing where their priorities are and we can see that gameplay is not their priority - income is. They will find that without the proper gameplay, income will become scarce. Management is not playing with a full deck....

I do wonder which came first the chicken or the egg...

I guess I should have phrased it a little better -- the gist being the game pretty much is accessed via facebook, meant to be played with friends, why else have it linked?

Though I do think they are missing out by not having other ways to sign-in, since there appears to be a lot of people who don't care for Facebook.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 10-21-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry for the late reply-

I am actually playing on my iPad, as is my brother. He doesn't log in to his facebook account on it either because he doesn't really use facebook anymore and it is not something he prefer. But if it is able to be written for a mobile device (iOS and Android, for instance) then it would be so easy to add the extra feature. I am about to graduate in May with a computer science degree and I even know how to add something that straightforward. Just like how you would add a friend from facebook it connects with their account, the Nordeus team already assigned each player a unique managerial ID... all you have to do is add basically two lines... one in the invite a friend location (that now says user id) and that's actually it. Not even two, just one line that says invite by ID and you can ask your RL friends what their user ID is. Of course you might have to have some extra code for users to "find out" what their user ID is... but once you add the ID it can just be moved in as a friend like the other code says. Just create a new friend object for them. All the other code is there...

I guess I just don't understand why it would be difficult for them to do, to be honest. It could be done in an hour, tops. :/

-Freakshow

I also dislike that my posts seem to not get approved, despite it being 2 paragraphs long and having legitimate arguments... Nordeus is sifting through disallowing posts that make them look bad? That's just bad business :/

The post was auto moderated as spam, too many mentions of ID, we've had spammers selling "documents" and such so you got netted, sorry.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I too have this issue and it is frustrating. I have a few friends who don't use facebook and play the game, surely this is something that can be fixed easily.

Old post, sorry, having same problem, I want to add so many referrals to play this game and earn some tokens, they like it, but having Facebook give them problems with their ladies, or for ideological reasons, they don't want it, guess what nordeus doesn't want is to give tokens for free on referrals, same issue with all the tokenware out there

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    this is something else (some asc. bugs/problems) .
    I have 4 accounts with teams and all are working just fine (2 are in asc. competition).
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html