Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to deal with those !!

Angry How to deal with those !!

i'm just a level 2 manager in a high demand server , can't buy any good players or any 5stars at all .
    example from today morning bidding :

and any bidding ends almost like that
    what should i do with a limited coins biding 2-3 coins to get players .
    i tried different times but its like that all over 24h with all players all ages can't get any 5stars players
    any advice ?!
    sorry for my bad english .

Pro
    Ever try building A SQUAD
    in baby steps at level 2

FCB
    Go for the players whose age in between 28 to 32 years ... dont go for special abilities as always people want to buy them ...
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

Buy some older 4 Star player for LVL 2. Everything else is waste of money.

Banned
    then go for the 4* players and build them over 2 seasons. Like DiZZee said, baby steps. If you dont spend the tokens then you are stuck with using other methods of getting 5 star players.

I have to decide in the next few games to tank this season with one of my accounts.

I have a few 5* and mostly 4*, but that is only because I tanked last season. I dont have token buyers in my league this season so I would normally go for it and I should win it or come in second with this team as there is only one team with higher quality and he is 61Q while I am 59Q, so its not a stretch to win it. I have 1 win and 3 ties so far, 6 pts off the pace, but the season is still young and I have beat the guy with 61Q in the first game of the season, so its positive.

BUT

I can make all these guys 5* at the end of this season and have 5 scouts and my first 7* player, the GK, if I tank this season. I will have the strongest team I have ever had and all I have to do it tank. I can go into this league again with a 5* team, close to 6*.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

All that to prove my point, which is to make lemonade in this case. Tank your season and improve your squad the only way you can without tokens.

Rookie
    First priority is to only bid for the players you need the most. So work out exactly what players you ideally want in your squad. First priority is then to get players who can play those positions.

Second priority is to get good (4* or 5*) players for those positions. Old players are cheap and there's usually not as much competition for them, so I'd suggest these.

Third priority is to get good young players for those positions. Young players are expensive and in high demand. It's probably not worth even trying to buy them until you find out a quiet time on your server. The first 2x priorities should keep you buy for a season or two anyway, so you probably won't need to focus on young players for a while yet.

For myself, I have an excel spreadsheet with the positions I need to makeup my ideal squad. I then colour code it red/yellow/green, depending on whether buying them is a 1st/2nd/3rd priority.

Also when bidding, to conserve tokens here are a few tips which I found useful:

1/ Wait until the last 5s of the auction before you bid. If someone else has already bid on the player, don't bid. As you don't want to get into a bidding war.

2/ If someone else bids after you do, try to win the player. BUT, look at the person you're bidding against, and see if they're a token buyer. Easiest way is to look at the value of their team compared to their level. Also token buyers usually have premium logos. If they're a token buyer / video watcher, then it's probably not worth bidding against them.

3/ If you are bidding against someone, bid early in the first knockout round. They'll then bid over you. In the second knockout round, they likely won't bid until you do (Since they're already winning and don't want to waste tokens). Wait until the last 2-3s and then place your bid, thus not giving them enough time to bid after you.

4/ As you already know, find a quiet time on your server. To find the best time, look at the times when games are usually scheduled. These are the worst times to look for players, as everyone is online watching/waiting for their games. While they're waiting, they'll buy players. On my server, around 2-5 hours after the server resets to a new day is often a good time, as there are never games scheduled then, and it's really late in Europe. Also don't even bother looking for players in the weekend, there will be wayyyy too many people online.

With 35T budget even I buy mostly 4 starters.Sometimes buy young platers but mostly b/w ages 26-30. If I have a good chance I go for five starters towards the end of season. This I do when there is not much competition on my server!!!!

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Thanks all for your effort and your time to write those nice advices
    btw any good guide for tanking have been made in the forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by elite91 View Post
    Thanks all for your effort and your time to write those nice advices
    btw any good guide for tanking have been made in the forum ?
    There is a July Fourths official guide to tanking. It is very useful. Wait I will post the link.

Tell us ur opinion-

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Here it is - I too tanked last season, it is very effective and this guide is useful.

http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...e-tanking.html

Tell us ur opinion-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast