Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What's the point of youth players?

What's the point of youth players?

Just been offered my first two youth players

One aint bad Age 27 MC level 28 - probably worth maybe a million

BUT

21 flipping tokens to get him!! (WHY do we have to spend so many valuable tokens on youth player?)

Why bother as I can get £12 million for 84 tokens

IE do I have him, or cash for $3m & BUY a far superior player??

Another question I'm level 3 when I'm level 4 will 84 tokens get me more than $12 million??

Thanks
    Clive

Those that cost 21t are good, and on level 3 is MV is probably around 3M.

Depending on the servers can be very dificult to buy a player with 18 years old fast trainer, you can easily spend more that 21T.

Sell the free one, the other, If you need him, sign him If not relesse him.

Pro
    Are you sure your youth player is 27 years old?
    Midas van Oene likes this.

sorry He's 18yo level 27
    Got him now as his value 2.38mill

Is it better to sell a player once level 29 or will he be worth alot more if he gets to 30.?

Rookie
    At level 29 he'll be the best 5* player available for a lvl 2 manager. So you might get lucky and have people get into a bidding war for him.
    At level 30 the starting bid price for him will be higher, which should make up for extra bids you might miss out on.

Either way, if you're thinking about selling him, sell him before the end of the season. As once he turns 19 next season, his value will probably drop substantially (Although of course you might get lucky with a bidding war if you sell him on the first day or two of the season).

Although if he's a fast trainer, and plays a useful position, you might be better off keeping him. As to buy a replacement might cost you a substantial amount of both money and tokens.

We need youth players to replace the old retiring players, that's the whole point of youth players!
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    We need youth players to replace the old retiring players, that's the whole point of youth players!
    you of all people should know better. This is again referring to the debate that our own youth system players should not be so expensive token-wise.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I do agree they should be less, token-wise. I don't expect that to change, however... Since missing out by keeping the "free" (though I rather thought I paid $ for him? Maybe not, brain like a steel sieve over here) and letting go the first T player, and building and missing the second, I have been happily buying the kids if they remotely fill a position I need. But that often requires hard choices in who, if anyone, of the older players need replacing. (Lately my strategy has been to sell the ones I don't need on main team down to lower level team I have. Saving another bidding war..) I *hate* bidding wars, and to me I'd rather spend up to 24 for a youth than an unknown amount that I might lose anyway for a tranny market buy (I've lots of "pride and dignity" happening on my server ), or 50 + cash for an old guy (who will probably break) off Mr. Scout. There are players to be had for a T, but often they are not ones I want...
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Shackleton View Post

BUT

21 flipping tokens to get him!! (WHY do we have to spend so many valuable tokens on youth player?)

Another question I'm level 3 when I'm level 4 will 84 tokens get me more than $12 million??

Thanks
    Clive
    Youth players suck. They can not play in my team. I never ever sign any single youth player.
    Small dick guys area in red, blue and green.
    I did that, I won that...blah-blah-blah...

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Shackleton View Post

BUT

Thanks
    Clive
    Your not being forced to buy anyone.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast