Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Killerbee
  • 2 Post By kefka
  • 2 Post By DiZZee
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By Clive Shackleton

Thread: Some newbie questions

Some newbie questions

I started playing yesterday and since i started with the top team in my league i can easily see me win this league first season. I browsed the forum a bit (not that much) and didn´t find any answers to my question, will be happy if you help a noob out.

1) Is it important to win games/keep a winning streak? As stated above, ill probably win this league easy and im thinking i could sell players/ do intense training keeping morale and condition very low but training amount very high, which might result in losing games but still win competition.

2) How much does an unbalanced formation matter. Eg. if ive got
    -----(center)ST - ST
    AML---------------------------
    ---------MC-------MC------MR
    DML---------------------------
    --------- DC----- -DC ------DR
    -------------GK---------------
    Would this mean heavy pemnalty?

3) Could i just buy 180 tokens a month, bring up 3-4 players from scout list and dominate all games? If sospending cash is a must to be able to compete?

TY for your answers

Welcome to Top Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by kefka View Post

1) Is it important to win games/keep a winning streak? As stated above, ill probably win this league easy and im thinking i could sell players/ do intense training keeping morale and condition very low but training amount very high, which might result in losing games but still win competition.
    It's important to win games for various reasons. Besides the obvious reason of winning the competition, reasons that I can think of are:

A) Keeping morale high
    B) Earning packs from matches; 1 blue pack for winning and 2 for dominating a match (5 goals difference)
    C) Earning the Man of the Match award gives that player a decent amount of skill progress. As far as I know Man of the Match is always given to the winning team when there is a team that wins.

Keeping condition low serves no real purpose. You generate condition at fixed intervals, so the only thing you can gain by doing this is a set number of extra trainings (assuming you would normally go into a match with 90% condition, but you push it down to 0, you'd gain 10 'match practice' total. It's not worth it over the entire season. On top you apparently risk injuring players when pushing training at low condition numbers.

2) How much does an unbalanced formation matter. Eg. if ive got
    -----(center)ST - ST
    AML---------------------------
    ---------MC-------MC------MR
    DML---------------------------
    --------- DC----- -DC ------DR
    -------------GK---------------
    Would this mean heavy pemnalty?
    It doesn't matter at all. You can use as much of an asymmetric or lopsided formation as you want as long as you adhere to the rules regarding illegal formations. All you need to do is follow the rules stated here Illegal formation - Top Eleven Fan Made Wiki to prevent playing with only 20% possession (though it's debatable if possession makes any difference)

3) Could i just buy 180 tokens a month, bring up 3-4 players from scout list and dominate all games? If sospending cash is a must to be able to compete?

TY for your answers
    You could do so, but 3-4 scouts don't mean you will dominate all games, nor does it mean you won't. It's just possible and it should increase your chances to win. There are people who spend a lot more than that and people who spend nothing at all. Either's performance depends on the manager. I've seen plenty of managers who bought a lot of good players but failed to grasp any tactics and thus ended up losing.

Buying top players will increase your chances, but it won't guarantee winning.

Those answers very truly helpful and written in a respectful manner, not like in other forums for other games ive played. Thank you very much, i might just become a frequent user of the forum

I guess i keep on trying to win then, if i can. Think all the teams in my league are bots.

Pro
    Next season you will play League, champions league and cup competitions. That will be two matches per day. So either you have depth in your squad ( almost two similar teams) or you can use boosters to freshen up the main 11 players, before each game. There is a higher risk of injuries and red cards when managing a smaller squad.
    Raykco and Cat Harrison like this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    A very good point! If you 1/2/or3 you will be in Champions, and will be in Cup anyway, so you want either a full rotation or a stock of boosters.

Also, there is a whole lot of great guides and tutorials on this Forum that will answer questions you didn't think of... this lists some good 'uns: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ls-guides.html

A couple mistakes to maybe avoid: don't speed up building.. just don't. Never stop building, but don't speed it up.
    And.. don't use personal trainer unless you have T to burn.
    Raykco likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I did surveys videos+++
    Got 85 tokens
    Got 6 million
    Bought strong team (went 'all in!')
    currently well clear on level 3
    have 85T built up to cash & strengthen early next season
    Buy 4 star players only at that level
    Not given NORDEUS any direct cash ( but probaly earntthem $$$ with the video watching)
    GOOD LUCK
    Cat Harrison and Raykco like this.