Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Phil Scrivener
  • 1 Post By dv8r

Thread: Defensive teams win Cup competitions

Addicted

Defensive teams win Cup competitions

Mine is an attack-minded team, thrashes many teams in league matches but can hardly reach semi-finals of Cup competitions

And I know real life teams are like that too

I do not agree with that i already won 2 cups, with 2 diferent teams, one always play in atacking mentality, the other always with 3DCs, so none is defensive.
    It is all a matter of luck.
    And as better your Team is less chances you have because you will face more oponents from higher levels.

Attack-minded team ?????? or attack-minded manager ??? lol

As you gain experience you will know when to be attack-minded or not !!!!!

going in all guns blazing on attack can seem good against low teams with no managers, but as you get into the game and the cups you should develop the skill of knowing when to be more cautious !!!!!!!!

I think you said a trophy in the hand etc !!!!!! with a little more care you can go further in the CL and cup comps !! It's not always the top quality team that wins nor the most defensive..... tactics and formation help with a little luck too
    Fazil likes this.

How is it any different to the Champions League? If you are basing this on real life, then you are mistaken. The cup has stronger teams, so of course it will be harder to win. It has nothing to do with being a defensive team. A defensive team can lose easily if they don't set up properly or if the other opponent is prepared.
    The Red Baron likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    Mine is an attack-minded team, thrashes many teams in league matches but can hardly reach semi-finals of Cup competitions

And I know real life teams are like that too
    Mine is a defence based team....i always build a team around a solid defence.....my team has won league this year by miles...so far P23 W23 D0 L0 and only 6 goals against and 60ish scored.....and if you look at my record u will see that i have won 10 titles in 14 seasons...more than cup competitions......so your theory doesn't add up.dv8r is right....tougher teams in cup competitions ....
    Last edited by The Red Baron; 11-13-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Red FC-Level 24-Season 24
    Winners x 17 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 1)
    Winners x 7 (2nd x 2 , 3rd x 4)
    Winners x 6 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 3)
    TREBLE X 3

i watched champions league from 2001, and i said that the only denfensive team has won the final is Chelsea. in this game, i play attacking in all my cup final (cup and CL, 6 times in total) and never ever lost, even 3 of them end by penalty
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    i watched champions league from 2001, and i said that the only denfensive team has won the final is Chelsea. in this game, i play attacking in all my cup final (cup and CL, 6 times in total) and never ever lost, even 3 of them end by penalty
    Eh, from 2001 onwards the only defensive team you can find is Chelsea?

For convenience I can accept you are overlooking AC Milan in 2003 and 2007 as memory tends to cloud us into thinking they were a team that weren't defensive minded when they really were.

But overlooking Mourinho's F.C. Porto in 2004 and Mourinho's Inter Milan in 2010? Really? Forgotten that even Sneijder and Milito were in the 18-yard box against Barcelona the majority of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Eh, from 2001 onwards the only defensive team you can find is Chelsea?

For convenience I can accept you are overlooking AC Milan in 2003 and 2007 as memory tends to cloud us into thinking they were a team that weren't defensive minded when they really were.

But overlooking Mourinho's F.C. Porto in 2004 and Mourinho's Inter Milan in 2010? Really? Forgotten that even Sneijder and Milito were in the 18-yard box against Barcelona the majority of the time?
    I counts only what they do in the FINAL not in the semi final or other round
    2003 FINAL AC Milan dominated the match, they did more attacking than Juve
    2004 Monaco do nothing againts Porto, Porto attacked always, even in the match with Man UTD
    2007 a fair matches, 50-50 for both LIV and AC
    2010 the 2 teams played attacking. none of them have a denfensif approach
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015