Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: understanding player ratings

understanding player ratings

So if I have 2 central midfielders, a 5-star player who regularly gets a rating of 5 or 6 and a 3-star player getting 7 or 8 regularly, does that actually mean the 3-star player is performing better and should be picked ahead of the 5-star player? Or is the rating somehow measuring how well they perform compared to how well they should perform?

Or is there some aspect of player ratings I just don't understand?

What I am thinking is if I have highly rated but under-performing players, I should sell them now and get value. Is that wrong?

thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoe View Post
    So if I have 2 central midfielders, a 5-star player who regularly gets a rating of 5 or 6 and a 3-star player getting 7 or 8 regularly, does that actually mean the 3-star player is performing better and should be picked ahead of the 5-star player? Or is the rating somehow measuring how well they perform compared to how well they should perform?

What I am thinking is if I have highly rated but under-performing players, I should sell them now and get value. Is that wrong?

thanks!
    Based on what i have read so far, i dont think that ratings mean anything. or nobody on this forum knows what the reatings do. We all know how they should work, but i am clueless as to how they programmed it because it doesnt work logically.

I think the rate is shown base on player's contribution. Watching a match i can guess who will be the MOTM or at least guess the highest and lowest rate of 2 players in my team.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Season 3 - Level 3

League Winners (3) - Level 1, 2, 3
    26-0-0 league (1) - Level 2
    Undefeated in league (2) - Level 2, 3
    Longest unbeaten League run 60 (21/28 season1 -- 28/28 season3)

Champions League Winners (2) - Level 2, 3
    Champions League Runners up (0)

Cup winners (0)
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 2

http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ussieteam.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThichDaBongFC View Post
    I think the rate is shown base on player's contribution. Watching a match i can guess who will be the MOTM or at least guess the highest and lowest rate of 2 players in my team.
    Ok, so tell my why my GK always gets a low rating? or my MCs always get 5-6 yet I am #1 in the league and only 4 goals agaisnt with no losses so far this season? You would think that with only 4 goals scored on my tean that the defense and whole team altogehter are playin superb and should get higher than normal ratings, especially with the GK. logic anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by thetoe View Post

thanks!
    normally if you have a 4-5 rating player in your team, you has some troll results. you must sell or let him out untill he recover his form. Form change when star change. so you may wait for him reach next star, he will play far better
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    normally if you have a 4-5 rating player in your team, you has some troll results. you must sell or let him out untill he recover his form. Form change when star change. so you may wait for him reach next star, he will play far better
    excuse me sir, but how do you know this? And why should I sell someone who gets a 4-5 rating when nobody knows how the rating system actually works? The answer-du-jour seems to be that selling your players are the only solution to a low player rating or when he gets injured frequently, or carded frequently. So I basically have to waste tokens to replace a scout player I paid 50 tokens for and is the best player on my team. does that makes sense to you?

Pro
    If a team has players with low ratings, I target them and try to capitalise on their weakness.

When buying, if a player has rating of 7 or 8s I will buy, if over 19yrs. Younger players without ratings are a hit and miss affair. If it works I will keep otherwise I will sell after some experimenting.

I rely on ratings more than quality, except if there is a large difference in the quality spread. A high rating, to me, means the player is working on te field.
    Cat Harrison and farrr_ like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    If a team has players with low ratings, I target them and try to capitalise on their weakness.

When buying, if a player has rating of 7 or 8s I will buy, if over 19yrs. Younger players without ratings are a hit and miss affair. If it works I will keep otherwise I will sell after some experimenting.

I rely on ratings more than quality, except if there is a large difference in the quality spread. A high rating, to me, means the player is working on te field.
    must be nice to have tokens.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    Form change when star change. so you may wait for him reach next star, he will play far better
    Is this true. I have never waited that long to see this. Can others confirm? I must learn patience in future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    Is this true. I have never waited that long to see this. Can others confirm? I must learn patience in future.
    how can he nknow? from what I have been reading on this site, not much is known about ratings and what to do to make a player play better. It is all hogwash until it is confirmed by nordeus. but if someone like tongly has proof that advancing a player to the next star makes him play with 7s and 8s, then i would love to see it, as would everyone else on this site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast