Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin Cheng
  • 1 Post By 4am

Thread: A Top11 guidebook says left corner kick use left foot player!!?

Addicted

A Top11 guidebook says left corner kick use left foot player!!?

I'm very confused, some say left corner use right foot......which is which ?

Maybe I should just take a ball and go down to the court to try out just to confirm

Addicted
    Actually I've a feeling the confusion arises from the angle --- which view the person is talking about when he is talking about left corner, from opposing goalkeeper's or own goalkeeper's view ?

But for Top11 corners, is it really put leftfooter to kick right corner ?

4am
    Rookie
    What guidebook are you referring to, snoops?

Apprentice
    Since I'm left footed, I would take much better corners from the left side because the ball would curve away from the goal, which allows someone to head it in. If I curve from the right corner, the ball goes towards the goal and makes it much harder to head.

I would expect the opposite for free kicks. If the ball is on the right, it is easier to kick it in with the left foot.

This is all just based on my experience when I used to play in high school/college. Of course, this is top11. The better question is whether left/right foot matters for anything at all.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cheng View Post
    Since I'm left footed, I would take much better corners from the left side because the ball would curve away from the goal, which allows someone to head it in. If I curve from the right corner, the ball goes towards the goal and makes it much harder to head.
    Neither is better than the other Kevin, both have their advantages (and disadvantages). It really depends on a combination of tactical choice/type of players available/personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cheng View Post
    I would expect the opposite for free kicks. If the ball is on the right, it is easier to kick it in with the left foot.
    Again, it depends what type of delivery you're after. If you want to float one across the box eg. for players running from deep, use a left-footer to take one from the left (and vice-versa). If you want to drill one towards the far post, do the opposite.

My personal preference is the latter - aim for the goal because even if it misses everyone, you still have a chance of getting lucky.

Apologies for straying off topic.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Addicted
    I use Top 11 Football Cheats app, but no cheats there, only some simple advice

Quote Originally Posted by 4am View Post
    What guidebook are you referring to, snoops?

A corner kick when the ball is curling away from the goal if a player applies a header to the goal the ball will come of the head at a quicker speed.. So Left corner left kicker and right corner, right foot