Thread: Non Symmetric Formation x Symmetric Formation

Non Symmetric Formation x Symmetric Formation

What do you think about a non simetric formation??

For example, what is better???

Option 1 (with everyone on a correct position)

....ST ST
    ...............AMR
    ML MC MC

DL DC DC DL

Option 2 (with the MR adapted)

....ST ST

ML MC MC MR (wrong position)

DL DC DC DL

What do you consider better????
    Last edited by Leonardo DesiderĂ¡ Raposo; 12-27-2013 at 09:21 PM.

4am
    Rookie
    I very much doubt you'll notice any difference, regardless of which you choose.

Why not test both and let us know how you get on?

You will not see any big diference, If your opponent have a weaker DL, maybe you can take advantage of playing the player at AMR.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

It depends on difference between quality of your players and quality of opponent's team. Assymetry is good in exploring your advantage in such a sector of field (for example your AML>opponent's DR), but it also leaves a gap in other sector. If your opponent has good player in this gap, there is a risk of lose...

Assymetric formation are also harder to counter than standard ones. In the past, sometimes I used weird 4-5-1 like:
    DL,2xDC,DR,DMC,MC,MR,AML,AMC,ST or ending like:...MC,MC,MR,AML,ST. Effects were always "strong": high victories or high defeats, depends on opponnent's reaction. If you want, you can also experiment with trick - attacking "weaker" flank (if your formation looks like you attack left flank, set passes on right flank, if it looks like you will attack flanks, set passing to center, etc.).