Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By paio
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison

Thread: Bidding player

Bidding player

Today, bidding a 17M player, I found the opponent has currency about 8M.
    Why he can auction with me?
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    It is rather confusing, but here's how that happens:

Let's say he had 22M to start with, and a quantity of Tokens. He found a couple players he liked, one at 14M and and he put a Token on him, and the player you saw him on, he can also put a Token on... because he at that moment had 22M. But, he got the first player before bidding against you, so he then was already qualified to bid, having put the Token on earlier, but he would wind up with negative balance if he won the player. The bank will start repossessing players starting with most expensive if his balance isn't fixed in a week.
    Chris Rath likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by paio View Post
    Today, bidding a 17M player, I found the opponent has currency about 8M.
    Why he can auction with me?
    It can happen due to parallel bids by him. Lets say he had 20M, bids for your player and another one, that costs 12M (and he could get him for that sum before the auction for your player ends). He is then in the race for both players and can go despite being in the deficit still bid in knockout rounds for your player, but gets deeper into depths.

I recommen to avoid such depth bidding, because if you are in the red you must manage to get out of the deficit without 7 days or your best player gets sold. For token buyers with money transfer this might not be an issue, but money transfer is inefficient, better keep your team run normally.

Edit: Cat was faster.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Yes, a big part of this game is managing your budget too. Early on I got into trouble by being in debt, and it was only a good CL run that saved my best player from disappearing... too stressful!! Better to not get into bidding wars or debt.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thz all!
    In past, if my currency lower than the auction starting price, the game will reject my bid! Even I has token.

Yes, you can only get into bad debt trouble when you simultaneously bid on more than one player. If you go one at a time, you can still get into trouble with a bidding war, and go negative that way, but if you don't have enough for the starting price it will not let you bid.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]