Thread: Etiquette when Making an Offer?

Pro

Etiquette when Making an Offer?

Is there any protocol to follow when negotiating with ingame friends?
    Friends that only exchange gifts and may support if they are online the same time as your match. Friends that have no way of communicating?

Should the offer be above market?, with tokens? how many?

If you go high the first time, then can you go back again later on an maybe go low?

Any views and experiences

Pro
    Yea whatever,
    I bid no response.
    Just as in CL group. Bot teams.

Seems like the DiZZee ier the height , the more the bots.

The answer is: what do YOU find acceptable when others make offers for YOUR players?

I've bought quite a few players through "negotiations" (maybe about 20 or so?) and have good success, with around 40% of my offers being accepted. Here's my strategy:

1. Don't bid on their top players. This should be obvious, but people still make 0 token offers for my Cup/CL starters .... which is just dumb. Look for teams 2 -3 or more levels above you and bid on their bottom tier players.

2. Nobody cares how many tokens it's costing YOU ... they care about how many tokens THEY are getting. So don't ever, ever, waste their time with a zero token offer. they probably won't even bother to refuse .. they'll just let the clock wind down and tie up your 8-9 tokens for 24 hours. if you want to make a successful offer, make sure THEY receive 4-5 tokens. Sometimes you might succeed with 2-3, but it's unlikely.

So, succesful negotiations usually costs about 25 tokens and 150% market value. e.g 2 negotiation purchases instead of 1 scout. I only use negotiations when I can't fill a particular role on the market (AMs were rare as unicorns for awhile on my server.)
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~