Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thomasjas

Thread: Scouts or Negotiation?

Apprentice

Scouts or Negotiation?

Right guys, so I've bided my time and built up a good number of tokens through watching videos and the like......

Is it worth taking a punt on a scout player? Or try my luck with a few offers to other managers? I've built up a list of friends in higher divisions than me but none of them have any players who any real stars (I'm looking 7* and above!). Also, I've checked some teams on levels 3/4 above mine who are on my server (because I can watch their games) but can't make offers for players.......?! Any ideas on that?

So, what would you recommend?

You can only make offers on five star players or lower at your level. Also I believe you can only make a bid if you are at league level 4 or above.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Correct. You can only make an offer for a player if he is from another manager (friends, negotiations, managers you bought from already, people in your Cup..) on your server and the player is three to five stars from your perspective. You need to be level 4 or above to do so.

Scout are the only extra star players you can buy. If you see a manager with a higher star player than six on your level, they have been trained to it.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 01-26-2014 at 01:15 PM. Reason: clarity
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    So what you're saying is it's pointless making friends with people two levels above cause their players are too good to bid on?

Glad I cleared that up.

You can bid on their players, just not all of them. I have a friend who's two levels above me, and has a 4* keeper I could bid on. I won't, because he's a slow trainer and I'm set a the position, but I could.

Again, you can only bid on 3-5* players. A player in that range could still be helpful to you. I got such a player from two levels above (4* at the time) and he's my hottest scorer right now.

You have to decide which scouts if any are worth it. In general, young scouts are better and more valuable. Best time to buy is when the new season starts.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by cursed View Post
    You have to decide which scouts if any are worth it. In general, young scouts are better and more valuable. Best time to buy is when the new season starts.
    Thanks for that mate, I'd wait til the new season for sure. Are scouts always 50T? Throughout the levels? I'm currently on 5.

I just thought that perhaps with shrewd negotiation I could maybe get 2/3/4 really good players for 50T as opposed to just 1 by scout.