Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midfield problem

Midfield problem

Hi everyone. I need a bit of help.
    I have a relatively solid team which has high quality central midfielders. But during the game I have problems. My attacks aren't organised well at times, I enter some periods when there is absolutely no action going on for 10 minutes, and my midfielders are making mistakes in every match which allows my opponent to counter. I have one 19 year old 5 star MC that always gets 7, 6 or even 5 match ratings. His morale is always superb and his condition is also good. I also have some other very good MCs but they aren't performing as good as they should when you look at their quality.
    Should I sell them if they continue flopping? Is the "wrong" formation the reason they are playing badly? And is the PLAYMAKER special ability really useful? If you know a solution please tell me, I would be really grateful...

I just put a post in the low ratings post.

It's the same with MC as it is for GK. Doesn't matter what you do or how good the players seems, they never seem to get good ratings. And if you ever do get a good GK or MC don't ever let him go.

It's something that Nordeus need to address.
    WE WELCOME THE CHASE.

My midfielders get 5-6-7 ratings also. I do not know why but MCs of my opponents are playing way better even though I have * or ** better ones. MC problem nordeus "programmers" have made effort to play on our nerves

I would tend to agre with BigB, but I haven't got the experience in this game for that. Furthermore, opponents do get the ratings of 7 and up regularly, while some of us consistently get 7 and below. Even if it doesn't make any sense at all, there should be a reason. If not then why not just flip a coin. I do however get the feeling that the engine takes into account the players skill lvls, making it easier to get good ratings vs strong(er) opponents and vice versa. It would explain why ratings and matchresult aren't linked to eachother as you'ld expect. Also, it's not just the ratings that are bad. I watch my matches and know I'm loosing the midfield. It's like my MC's don't exist, or have been texting their wagg the entire match.

The only thing left to explore for me are changes in other lines. I usually have a 3N-1 defense, as I got the feeling they blocked more then a 4/4-1. Perhaps I should change that for my midfield to work?

Oh, it does seem we're discussing this in several threads now, perhaps a suggestion to keep posting in this one, as this title covers the content best? I'll post player stats if needed, but they're as typical as you find in other threads.

DoctorRedDevil

ratings are from ass like results are from ass, in last season in rounds 14-26 my MCs had very bad ratings, ratings 4-6, so we had little situation for goals and results was bad, in this season my MCs have ratings 7-8 and also we have many lost games, why? because 'random' of game engine is very 'good' for my team, we had many games where we had 8-10 shots on target and we scored 0 or 1 goal, but my opponents had 1-5 shots on target and they scored 1-3 goals... now we must tank, but before start of season our quality was in 4-6th the highest in league but after 13 rounds we were on 12th place in table....

i believe there are some hidden attributes not revealed by Nordeus. This is what made the game entertaining. You must keep tap on your players' performances. When ratings are too straightforward, it tends to lose fun.

As someone said earlier, if you get a good MC, dont let it go until you find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by gohkimhock View Post
    i believe there are some hidden attributes not revealed by Nordeus. This is what made the game entertaining. You must keep tap on your players' performances. When ratings are too straightforward, it tends to lose fun.

As someone said earlier, if you get a good MC, dont let it go until you find a replacement.
    I don't think there are any hidden attributes. The game is not that well programmed.

It's totally useless keeping tabs on players performances. Ive had players score 2 goals and getting a rating of 6. In my last match I won 1-0, my CB scored the winning goal was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet and he got a 5! Then the other way ive had players who haven't had one mention in the game and got an 8, ive even had ST's who had several scoring chances and missed the lot but still managed to get an 8.

Im afraid players match ratings are no way near a sign of how a player has played. In my opinion they are just random numbers.
    WE WELCOME THE CHASE.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    Im afraid players match ratings are no way near a sign of how a player has played. In my opinion they are just random numbers.
    So far I didn't have wrongly given players' ratings. Whenever my striker scored a goal he would get at least an 8 (only on very rare occasions a 7), my goalkeeper usually gets an 8 or higher thanks to his 1 on 1 stopping ability. But my midfielders keep geting bad ratings and deservedly so. I missed maybe 3-4 matches in 4 seasons, I know how they play.

Well I still don't know what should I do with my MCs, but could anyone just tell me from their experience how useful is the PLAYMAKER ability?

From my experience no visible difference.

Apprentice
    What is your formation? I mentioned that MCs work hard for flat formation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast