Thread: Players and tactics.....

Players and tactics.....

Hi all,

I have been playing top eleven on a daily basis for over two years now.
    I clearly haven't been looking at it in any depth as at level 16 I've only just realised that I'd not move my ticket price from $3!! (Which I've sorted now!)

I have two questions now.....

1. Are all players with the same rating the same, or is there an in depth way at looking at them to determine (for example) which is a better striker of two 26 years old worth $80m and with a 101 rating???

2. How do you go about working out what tactics, formations and settings to use based on your squad??
    I basically ran the tactics you started with from day one...... Which was fine the first 3-5 seasons, but now I struggle to beat teams with an overall lower rating!?

Any help would be greatly received!!

Thanks all!!!

Fir Tree, Durham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    To answer question 1 if both your strikers have the same value and quality, i'd make the decision based on which player had the best match stats and/or scoring record

The second question is like asking how long is a piece of string. there's no right or wrong formation other than once you chosen 1 you'll sign players to fit in to that system. I've got 4 accounts and every team plays a different formation i don't really have a favourite. My main team has a squad that lets me change to nearly any formation possible so i can adapt tactics to who i'm playing.

To be honest though i only change formation when i'm playing a much stronger team when my tactics are usually defensive looking for a smash and grab victory

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    1 The way to go if your using the auction for example is, look for the hot prospect players preferably youth, he will always be a better trainer thus perform better than the other with the same skill set, 2 Santansboss is right, the formation you choose is up to you providing you dont go stupid, I played a team a couple a days ago that played 8 players in the attacking half, I had a player sent off and won 12-1, try standard tactics to start with like 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-5-1, if you find its not working tinker slightly, I have played the same formation in the league every season, I have tried different ones in the cup to see how they do, I change my formation slightly if I am losing games like take off a midfielder for another striker or a defender for a midfielder/striker and this sometimes works and sometimes makes things worse, the way I look at it is if your losing say 2-0 with 25 mins to go what the heck!, ive picked up a few wins and draws this way.

hi, according to me worth of the player shows his strength , if its high would perform well and vise-verse, just check and let me know if i am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bobbychav View Post
    hi, according to me worth of the player shows his strength , if its high would perform well and vise-verse, just check and let me know if i am wrong

Here is an example. this morning in the transfer market there is two midfield player with a rating of 47 5* L6 one aged 20 6m price the other 21, 5.7m price the cheaper player is a hot prospect, although a year older I would buy him before buying the other, here the price although only a little amount higher is for the age more than the quality so this is what I would look for.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Here is an example. this morning in the transfer market there is two midfield player with a rating of 47 5* L6 one aged 20 6m price the other 21, 5.7m price the cheaper player is a hot prospect, although a year older I would buy him before buying the other, here the price although only a little amount higher is for the age more than the quality so this is what I would look for.
    Not so sure
    Is there ratings and history for both players, as they are not 18yrs.

Pro
    Point B
    Do you know what the ceiling is for players on this level? 6 bar is way too low in term of PLAYER QUALITY at this level. 6m is not even average PLAYER quality. Try 12. - 14m
    Player quality and quality "skill points" are not the same....if some one can explain this, I would appreciate it.

Famous
    Training speed slows down at 21, so the 20 year old would be a slightly faster trainer, for the rest of the season anyway, or until he gains another *.

I never used the best valued players for L6 otherwise I would have uesd a 50+ player! those two where the only two players in the same position and around the same age and skill level in the transfer market when I looked. If there are players on here that only use ther mobiles, you dont get the selection option that say " any , hot prospect, experienced, youth" so you are going by face value, I never buy from my phone for this very reason, I am quite aware what the maximum skill level you can buy a player at. The maximum skill for a auction player on L6 is 49 or 54 for a scout.
    Last edited by Skidz; 02-02-2014 at 07:47 PM.