Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davide-acdc

Thread: Does the star ratings mean or do anything

Rookie

Does the star ratings mean or do anything

The reason I ask this question is I am in my 8th season, my team has the highest average quality rating in my division yet I am only 5th in the league, the guy who is top has 6 two star players in his team and they keep on winning, been the same
    for me the past three seasons so it seems that buying high rated players don't make any difference, be grateful for any answers

Quote Originally Posted by andy2h53 View Post
    The reason I ask this question is I am in my 8th season, my team has the highest average quality rating in my division yet I am only 5th in the league, the guy who is top has 6 two star players in his team and they keep on winning, been the same
    for me the past three seasons so it seems that buying high rated players don't make any difference, be grateful for any answers
    Having a higher rated team obviously gives you an advantage against teams of lower quality, but success does depend on other factors like tactics and formations.

You mentioned the other manager having a couple of 6 star players - some players can make or break a season.

Eg. an exceptional GK or an ST.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post

You mentioned the other manager having a couple of 6 star players
    6 players with 2 stars

Sxrenity is right. My team isn't the best one in the league (I have a rating of 109) but I'm first in the ranking even tough there are 3-4 teams with a rating of 111+
    And the funny thing is, I won 15 games out of 15 lol
    Sxrenity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Milan View Post

6 players with 2 stars
    Touche, now i feel like an idiot

But my statement still stands :P
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2h53 View Post
    This is one of the only few things that matters in this game......

Pro
    There us a difference between a players quality level and his quality of play.
    The first, to me is his league level ie 59 quality at level 8 or 5 star.
    The more important quality is his ability to play and contribute or his overall rating. These are the players I rate over and above the league quality.

It is easy to see which players contribute, in your team and the opposition, if your look. The ones that contribute in the opp team are the ones you want to defend against, and the ones that don't, are the weaker ones.