Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tanking ?

Rookie

Tanking ?

Played 6 full seasons and i have been very successful winning the league and cl on most occasions.

My question is..... Should i tank a season and not get promoted to build my squad up to as high a level as possible

Reason behind my thinking.
    I have build a strong young squad average age 23 years old average skill rating of 55.1 .

If i was to tank and lose all my remaining games my squad would all be at least 1 red star and many 2 red stars

My squad currently has
    5x 60
    4x 58
    2x 56
    4x 54
    7x 52/53
    1x 49

At my manager level 55 is 1 red star and 60 is 2 red stars

Tanking ?-1779907_645448615492953_1966771492_n.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Duncan View Post
    Played 6 full seasons and i have been very successful winning the league and cl on most occasions.

My question is..... Should i tank a season and not get promoted to build my squad up to as high a level as possible

Reason behind my thinking.
    I have build a strong young squad average age 23 years old average skill rating of 55.1 .

If i was to tank and lose all my remaining games my squad would all be at least 1 red star and many 2 red stars

My squad currently has
    5x 60
    4x 58
    2x 56
    4x 54
    7x 52/53
    1x 49

At my manager level 55 is 1 red star and 60 is 2 red stars

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1779907_645448615492953_1966771492_n.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	20134
    YES. tank every second season and you will most likely have 5/6* players for your whole team and should win a few meaningless trophies. good luck

If you keep winning, it isent still the right time to Tank.
    Other thing is that If you have a strong team, tanking it is not so easy with 11 games remaining. The first time i Tank one of my teams i started on ROUND 14, i was 5th with no chances of top 4, only 7 points ahead of 8th, but only manage to be behind in ROUND 25.
    Even playing with ilegal formation i still won 2 games and draw 1.

You Never won the CUP, If you Tank it Will be mutch more difucult to win it in the next seasons.
    fugazi likes this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Rookie
    what happens when u finish outside top 7? do u go down a level or u remain in the same level?

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    what happens when u finish outside top 7? do u go down a level or u remain in the same level?
    You stay in the same levels, and your player do not lose a star.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Pro
    You have an very high end level 8 and mid season level 9 team (still very strong), playing in mid season level 7.
    Why not look to tank further upstream, with a younger squad or just keep on improving.

Pro
    No, big no

I never tank, just do the best.. I'm bored if play at the same level again..

I don't win anything but enjoy to be promoted every season

Banned
    i have a team full of 5/6* after tanking last season. currently 1st with NO losses. 15W, 0D, 0L, 64GF, 9GA, 13pts ahead of 2nd. well worth tanking.

Rookie
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think ill continue trying to win and save my tokens for scouts next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    If you keep winning, it isent still the right time to Tank.
    Other thing is that If you have a strong team, tanking it is not so easy with 11 games remaining. The first time i Tank one of my teams i started on ROUND 14, i was 5th with no chances of top 4, only 7 points ahead of 8th, but only manage to be behind in ROUND 25.
    Even playing with ilegal formation i still won 2 games and draw 1.

You Never won the CUP, If you Tank it Will be mutch more difucult to win it in the next seasons.
    I decided to tank the rest of this season with 1 of my teams, or at least try. This season is lost anyway, but I might get promoted as 6th or so, so if not this season, then I probably would have to tank next season if I got promoted. This team has been underperforming for more then this season, hopefully if I can tank this one, so I dont need to waste next season as well.

I was kinda afraid of what you're saying though, so I sold as many players I could, and held on to the young ones and my 4 (trained) scouts. Kinda lame perhaps, lol, but I got 4 of my players injured, leaving me with just 10 eligable to play. That should get a default 3-0 loss right? To top it off, I'll be buying a few 3* free agents on the last day to drop my avg quality a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast