Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: that awkward moment when crazy token buyers are fighting for their pride and dignity

Apprentice
    look a bit more closely they shouldn't have went for the player in the first place if they have that many Ts

Quote Originally Posted by Leyssens View Post
    I don't get why everyone is calling these guys idiots.. They want that player and start bidding. At round 10-15 they are getting a bit frustrated and may think about stopping. But what if the next round could be the round the player is yours? Maybe the other guy has no more tokens left so let's put in 1 more. And it goes on till round 200.
    Why would you stop? Stopping means losing because your tokens are gone...
    I would call them idiots if they stopped at round 150 because it's getting to much, not forcarrying on to round 200.
    it's stupid because they didn't use their head in bidding. they only used their emotion. they didn't have a plan B if the bidding didn't go their way. they should have made restrictions before bidding according to the player's value, at which rounds they should have stopped. it's better to stop at round 150 since at least he can get a scout player with 50 tokens. the one who wins at round 150 also can't be said as a winner since he has to pay much more than the player's actual value so he needs to add an extra 25 tokens to cover the difference.

considering scout player, there's no reason to get to round 50. each of us should know our psychological limit, before we get uncontrolled in auction. believe me, if you were that guy, you wouldn't be very happy winning that auction. for me, both are stupid. there's no winner. if anything, maybe nordeus is, by designing this auction system.

15mil a profit just over 11mil that seems a little low to me for 200 rounds.. I would have expected more myself.. Maybe I'm wrong
    skelly likes this.
    League
    Winner (5) - Seasons 1,2,4,5,6
    Runner Up (1) - Season 3

Champios League
    Winner (3) - Seasons 4,5,6
    Runner Up (1) - Season 3

Cup
    Last 16 (1) - Season 5

and i think once you go to round 25+ your objective is not how to get the player anymore, but how to beat your opponent and make him suffer by losing his tokens for nothing

Banned
    that is true, sometimes i even don´t want some player but still bidding until 50-60 round and my win, just to destroy my opponent, because no one will play with me and i would spend even hundrets of euros to destroy him : )

if i would stop bidding because "im not stupid to keep on" i would never get even 1 player on my team with 4-5, i've always to pay more than their value or i'll just get nothing on market .
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.

Quote Originally Posted by horsey View Post
    15mil a profit just over 11mil that seems a little low to me for 200 rounds.. I would have expected more myself.. Maybe I'm wrong
    ya i was worried about that also.. the minimal tokens spent in that scenario (2X199 rounds + 2 in initial rounds +1 in round 20) should make an originally 3.94 M player worth 191.69 M. i think it's suspicious.. i hope it's not photoshopped
    skelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshiko View Post
    and i think once you go to round 25+ your objective is not how to get the player anymore, but how to beat your opponent and make him suffer by losing his tokens for nothing

I've been there four times, against the same dude (A turkish player)..

First time was when I played on lvl 2, then we fought until round 15 resp. round 10 for 1x ST (21yrs, 5*) and 1x MC (18yrs, 5*).. Then the same thing happend this season (first day of lvl 3) when we bought bid for 1x MC (18yrs, 5*) and a 1x DC (19yrs, 5*)... We got to the 10 round for the DC, but then he "backed out" for the MC because he saw that I placed my bid in the last second.... Think he is pretty pissed and hates me
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Gafaton View Post
    if i would stop bidding because "im not stupid to keep on" i would never get even 1 player on my team with 4-5, i've always to pay more than their value or i'll just get nothing on market .
    i'm also like that. my server is a disaster. i pay more than player's actual value almost always, but i think we agree that 200 round is too much for one player. in my server 4-5 rounds only give you about 15-20% chance to win a young 5 star player. 10-20 rounds are normal here. your chance will be around 60-70% to get a young 5 star player.

Another asshole on my way (but maybe I'm the first..)

Good MC with SA, 10 players starts the auction, just 1 after 9 rounds.

And this great danish *@##§§@# keeps on bidding 1-2 tokens every round.
    After 19 ts and $ more or less two times the player's value I quit

My server is really bad. You ALWAYS find a f**ing bidder that makes you crazy
    It's IMPOSSIBLE to buy good players with less than 20-30 tokens

F** off

Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast