Thread: Thoughts on the "random engine"?

Thoughts on the "random engine"?

Hey guys, I always wondered when I looked through the forum what people meant by random engine. I mean, it's easy enough to say it, but what is this 'random engine' actually? Is it that the calculations made between two teams before they play are not always accurate, hence random results? Is it because this is a flash game so we can't expect too extensive an analysis on the stats? Is it just a plain reason to explain why some teams that are by far better lose or draw to lower quality teams?

If it's really random, then the quality in players, formations, morale, special abilities, etc. would all be for naught. So i'm thinking that some form of calculation and analysis is actually happening.

Personally, i've gone through a few of these "random engine" experiences and lost matches. I justify this by the fact that even Man Utd can lose to Norwich or Barca to Celtic.

3 things:

A) If it's truly an engine that runs it and is based on calculation, it can't be random because it's calculated and more importantly, the 'real-life-experience' should also not apply because, well, it's an engine. It's numbers, a formula if you will. So this sort of demystifies my theory on Barca losing to Celtic i.e. real-life-experience.

B) If there are glitches and bugs in the system, then it's just a function of constant improvements from the developer's end. (This seems the easiest explanation)

C) If it is neither calculated, or bug related, and purely a 'random engine', then why the need to have scout players, packs i.e. token spending? It would be detrimental to the business of Nordeus to say that it's all random.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm at season 6 now and have come to terms with T11 being what it is. I enjoy it in fact. So this isn't a complaint but rather a means of getting some feedback on what you guys think.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    @Nankatsu, I agree with you but still if this is happen to X then it should be for all a,b,c,d teams not only for 1 person because 1 point versus a game like this can make you to lose league very easy.

I'm not quite sure I see what you're getting at. Forgive me for being a bit blunt as i'm just trying to understand. Equality should be practiced - that I get from your sentence. But what does that have to do with the random engine?