Page 88 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Like Tree934Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Vent Thread #3 + Latest Discussions Index

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    In the timer in the right corner, you can see if you have placed a bet in the current round (qualified for next round)
    Yeah, I used that to determine when I've bid, but it was an interesting approach by my competition to try to confuse and win. That must cost him a lot of tokens if he uses that strategy regularly.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    agree about every thing except chat.

My subs takes 10 minutes of game, if injured this is absurd

What don't you like about the chat option?

ten minutes is unreal. maybe they just needs to autosub. ten minutes for a goalie with a broken leg is just plain mean!

Quote Originally Posted by dk2460 View Post
    Yeah, I used that to determine when I've bid, but it was an interesting approach by my competition to try to confuse and win. That must cost him a lot of tokens if he uses that strategy regularly.
    I have never seen that, and I have seen some insane things on auction

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew FC View Post
    What don't you like about the chat option?

ten minutes is unreal. maybe they just needs to autosub. ten minutes for a goalie with a broken leg is just plain mean!
    The IMO stupid thing is if not watching, the auto sub takes two minutes

attending gamess, should be like penalties, you have a IRL minute to chose the replacement for the injured, and then play on
    sparklinginsilence likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Pro
    Nordeus, you are getting ridiculous. Seriously! I can't believe your hate towards MC's. What is this BS? Two games today. First game a red card for my MC. Second game I couldn't attend and just checked the score. My both MC and a ST injured????? Seriously? So that is 3 MC's out of the game in 1 day? Of course I can heal the MC's, thank god for that, but for the love of god, stop hating my players. This is so frustrating.

And due to the new stamina rules my player is now down to 58% after already receiving a green pack today. Tomorrow at 10 is the next game so that is a recovery of 25%. Good starting at 83% tomorrow and after the second match propably down to what, 40%? Nice rules. I will need 200 extra green packs this season apparantly or a lot of replacement players.
    Last edited by Killroy; 08-25-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    Nordeus, you are getting ridiculous. Seriously! I can't believe your hate towards MC's. What is this BS? Two games today. First game a red card for my MC. Second game I couldn't attend and just checked the score. My both MC and a ST injured????? Seriously? So that is 3 MC's out of the game in 1 day? Of course I can heal the MC's, thank god for that, but for the love of god, stop hating my players. This is so frustrating.

And due to the new stamina rules my player is now down to 58% after already receiving a green pack today. Tomorrow at 10 is the next game so that is a recovery of 25%. Good starting at 83% tomorrow and after the second match propably down to what, 40%? Nice rules. I will need 200 extra green packs this season apparantly or a lot of replacement players.
    just for curiosity are you token buyer or farmer?

Quote Originally Posted by dk2460 View Post
    In an auction, I had one competitor bidding. I've not seen this before, maybe I'm too new to the game, but he basically "cloned" me - changed his name, picture and team logo to mine. It got pretty confusing about who had bid in which round. I eventually bowed out of the bidding war after a few round, but this "clone" strategy was unnerving.
    Did you take screenshots? That stuff should be reported.

It's not like I expect Lord Nauseous to do anything, but at least it should be reported.
    ByloBand likes this.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Rookie
    General Rant: Perhaps it is just down in the lower divisions, but has anybody else observed a glaring lack of DRs in the auctions? I've been looking since the last day of the previous season (so basically about 4 days) and there are so few options at DR it is kind of scary! Conversely, I'm guessing one could field a starting eleven of all DCs pretty easily :-p

To combine my last two rantings into a coherent thought stream, I just won an auction for a DR. I freely admit that I spent too many tokens, but I was testing two ideas at once, and I was willing to replace them for "science". I ignored the value the game told me for this DR because IMO his value was far, far greater given the scarcity of other options.

Here is what I did: I sniped in to be top bidder at the end of the list time, which meant I was the top bidder in the 1st knockout round. Not wanting to risk getting sniped, I immediately bid as the 1st knockout round began. My competitor bid, and we moved to round 2 with him as the top bidder. I sniped him at the end of round 2 but he had JUST enough time to get in a counter-bid. He then copied my strategy in round 3, and we actually carried this on for ten rounds! I finally wore him down and won the player, but it was nice to see that my strategy for avoiding being sniped is 100% viable and 100% recommended.

In short: if you are committed to winning an auction, are the top bidder in the knockout rounds, and want to avoid getting sniped, every new round you begin as the top bidder, place a new bid immediately. Yes, when you finally win you will have paid 1 extra token, but consider that a cost of doing business.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Got 5 more CL Group matches and 2 Cup games coming up in the next week or so.

Every single one of them is scheduled for bang on 3 hours either before or after my league games on the same day.

Totally stupid and feels very deliberate on Nordeus' part to try and get me to move some of my kick off times.

Even more annoyingly I have 3 days where I am away for both games, so can't move them at all!

I am very reluctant to give into Noredus' tactics and pay 2 Tokens to move the games. Instead I'm going to rotate, playing my best team for the harder game each day - apart from the cup which I wont be attending anyway due to its troll nature of selecting your opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by ByloBand View Post
    General Rant: Perhaps it is just down in the lower divisions, but has anybody else observed a glaring lack of DRs in the auctions? I've been looking since the last day of the previous season (so basically about 4 days) and there are so few options at DR it is kind of scary! Conversely, I'm guessing one could field a starting eleven of all DCs pretty easily :-p
    From my experience, some positions are harder to fill than others.

Harder: ML, MR, AML, AMC, AMR, DL, DR

Easy: GK, DC, DMC, MC, ST

Quote Originally Posted by ByloBand View Post
    In short: if you are committed to winning an auction, are the top bidder in the knockout rounds, and want to avoid getting sniped, every new round you begin as the top bidder, place a new bid immediately. Yes, when you finally win you will have paid 1 extra token, but consider that a cost of doing business.
    If I am determined to win an auction against you, I bid once per round and keep qualifying for the next round. As cute as your plan is, being the "top bidder" doesn't make a difference. I have to quit bidding for you to win.

I don't care about snipers anymore. I decide whether I really want a player or not. If I say "yes", I dig in. I got 6 players to overhaul my bench today - I'm keeping my starters - and none of the auctions went past knockout round 6.
    Last edited by mmunger; 08-25-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich