Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pete Cresswell

Thread: Friendlies

Angry Friendlies

Confused manager who has received first friendly request:

Friendlies-friendly.jpg

I have been reading the multiple announcements from the game developers about friendlies, changes to the friendlies, asymmetric friendlies and changes on different servers and have several questions:

1) you can't arrange friendlies within 3 hours of a competitive match?
    2) friendlies happened within a period of minutes and couldn't be changed/cancelled by the manager challenged?
    3) the manager challenged can cancel the friendly?
    4) managers can stop all friendlies?
    5) the team of the manager challenged lost performance/suffer injuries, etc because of the friendly match?
    6) the team of the manager challenged didn't lose performance/suffer injuries, etc because of the friendly match?

Please can someone (the developers preferably) explain exactly what happens in friendlies now because there is a lot of text about what has changed and not a lot about what actually happens.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Dreamer
    Answers in green in the quote
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Confused manager who has received first friendly request:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	friendly.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	22425

I have been reading the multiple announcements from the game developers about friendlies, changes to the friendlies, asymmetric friendlies and changes on different servers and have several questions:

1) you can't arrange friendlies within 3 hours of a competitive match? CORRECT
    2) friendlies happened within a period of minutes and couldn't be changed/cancelled by the manager challenged? INCORRECT. The person proposing the friendly can set the time, and if the person being invited logs in before the match they can cancel it
    3) the manager challenged can cancel the friendly? CORRECT -see above. Note that if a match is scheduled 3 minutes after the invite there's not much chance of rejecting it
    4) managers can stop all friendlies? Incorrect as far as I know
    5) the team of the manager challenged lost performance/suffer injuries, etc because of the friendly match? INCORRECT. That was the case up until the end of 2013, but was removed to stop friendly challenges designed to weaken a team before a big match. Note that there is no benefit (rest packs etc) to the challenged manager from playing a friendly either, unless you count possibly learning more about your players
    6) the team of the manager challenged didn't lose performance/suffer injuries, etc because of the friendly match? CORRECT see above

Please can someone (the developers preferably) explain exactly what happens in friendlies now because there is a lot of text about what has changed and not a lot about what actually happens.
    Don't expect the Devs to reply in a hurry, but see here http://forum.topeleven.com/news-anno...-managers.html for the announcement about changes to Friendlies
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Thanks for the reply, Pete.

1) you can't arrange friendlies within 3 hours of a competitive match? CORRECT
    ...but you can arrange friendly matches that start within 3 hours of a competitive match...
    Last edited by talisman; 04-20-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...