Thread: Tackling really works?

Tackling really works?

Yesterday I played in Cup, return match of SF. 1st match was a defeat, 0-3 at his ground. The match started well, in 54th minute it was 2-0 for me, and right after that(60') a different player take the 2nd yellow of my team. I was scared not to receive red card, and lose the game stupid, so I change tackling from normal to easy, in hope to score at least another goal until the final. Look what happened:
    Tackling really works?-2013-02-05_230200.png

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Yes tacking is working
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Yeah, is working, in real football
    Not to mention that for importance of match, my players was full green on condition and morale.

I think its a players learning curve. I used to play hard attacking with normal tackling, i switched to attacking and easy tackling and it took a while but the cards have come right down. Also how have you applied all of your skill points? I imagine a player with a higher aggression rate than say passing or shooting is gunna be more likely to be carded and sent off... most of my players are at scout level with some even rated higher but 1 particular player of mine cant go a game without getting a card and his aggresion is higher than most but Ive chipped away at his stats and even though he never fails to pick up a yellow his sending off has been greatly reduced. Hope that shines a lil light on your probs as its worked for me.

I usually sub out players who are on yellow cards if possible. I never get that many cards at my level, though, at most 3 cards for a side, that's probably with hard tackling.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

And I, sometimes change the yellowed player, but yesterday I need those two 4&5 star player. And not them receive 2nd yellow, another two players reiceive 2 yellow each of them. What was different from normal, I think mentality was Attacking and pressing whole pitch. Maybe that made them be more agressive... But what if i would put them on hard tackling?

Ive played a team I believe to have been nothing but set to break my players legs... 3 injuries for me and 2 reds and numorous yellows for him. Pressing the whole pitch does seem to make players more aggressive I've noticed.. I tried it on my last game a few mins ago and narrowly escaped 2 cards... PHEW!