Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Playing the League, Champions League and Cup at the same time

Playing the League, Champions League and Cup at the same time

Hi guys.

So I'm new on this forum, and first I would love to say hi to everybody. I started playing top eleven maybe 1 month ago, and I'm level 3 now. It's a really really great and addicting game, but still there are a lot of things that I need to learn.

Anyway, my question here is, how do you manage to play all 3 types of matches (League, Champions League and Cup) at the same time? Are there any special tips or something?

My tactic is to lose in cup, I mean right now I played a cup match and let the opponent win becouse I wanted my first squad to be rested for Champions League and normal league. Anyone else doing it like this?

Thank you
    Bipin Sapkota likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dardamaniacs View Post
    Hi guys.

So I'm new on this forum, and first I would love to say hi to everybody. I started playing top eleven maybe 1 month ago, and I'm level 3 now. It's a really really great and addicting game, but still there are a lot of things that I need to learn.

Anyway, my question here is, how do you manage to play all 3 types of matches (League, Champions League and Cup) at the same time? Are there any special tips or something?

My tactic is to lose in cup, I mean right now I played a cup match and let the opponent win because I wanted my first squad to be rested for Champions League and normal league. Anyone else doing it like this?

Thank you
    You only ever have 2 matches a day - normally they will be reasonably spaced so you can rest your players. I don't tend to train my players much at all when I have 2 matches a day. If you get yourself knocked out of the cup, once the league and Champions League start you will have a League match every day and CL every other day. If you stay in the cup the match in addition to League match each day will alternate between Cup and CL.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    This is a question many managers want to know? but for a newbie like yourself this is how I play the game!.
    1 buy a full 22 man squad
    2 buy two players of the same position
    3 Buy multi positioal players if you can as this is very handy when you have lots of injuries.
    4 Keep your best team for the league only, unless you reach a final of a cup or CL then play your best!.
    5 Train your players after the last match of the day! if you have a late night match followed by an early morning one the next day dont train!.
    6 Keep players morale and condition above 90% always.
    7 Watch matches to get your possession bonus and extra boosters.
    8, If during live matches a player gets booked, syb him!, this reduce the chances or red cards!!!.
    9 Make at least one sub during live matches to get an extra booster.(will not get it if you have had a booked player).
    10 You can play your best team on day 1 and day 2 as you only play one match, the prelim of the cup.
    11, When the league season starts on day 3, if you have qualified for the champions league and play that match first play your weaker team!.( remember promotion and finish as high in the league as you can!, top 4 min.)
    12, Pick a formation and stick to it, build your team around it!
    13 Only buy Hot Prospects or scouts,
    14, DO NOT try to buy players with quality ending in 4 or 9!!! , these players are only one skill point off the next * so will be highly sort after!!!, you will find yourself in a bidding war with other managers!!!.
    15 Dont buy players in the first week as bidding wars are everywhere!!!, try to buy at the end of the season when higher level managers are selling there dead wood!!, these players will be good to you as they are of a higher star!.
    16 Try to keep your squad young so 21-25 is good, 18.19.20 players are great but expensive!, there is nothing wrong with having a few experienced players 27-29 if your need cover or deperate!.
    17 When bidding for a player set yorself a token limit like 5 or 10 then if the bid goes over cut your losses and leave the auction!
    Piyush Ravi likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    This is a question many managers want to know? but for a newbie like yourself this is how I play the game!.
    1 buy a full 22 man squad
    2 buy two players of the same position
    3 Buy multi positioal players if you can as this is very handy when you have lots of injuries.
    4 Keep your best team for the league only, unless you reach a final of a cup or CL then play your best!.
    5 Train your players after the last match of the day! if you have a late night match followed by an early morning one the next day dont train!.
    6 Keep players morale and condition above 90% always.
    7 Watch matches to get your possession bonus and extra boosters.
    8, If during live matches a player gets booked, syb him!, this reduce the chances or red cards!!!.
    9 Make at least one sub during live matches to get an extra booster.(will not get it if you have had a booked player).
    10 You can play your best team on day 1 and day 2 as you only play one match, the prelim of the cup.
    11, When the league season starts on day 3, if you have qualified for the champions league and play that match first play your weaker team!.( remember promotion and finish as high in the league as you can!, top 4 min.)
    12, Pick a formation and stick to it, build your team around it!
    13 Only buy Hot Prospects or scouts,
    14, DO NOT try to buy players with quality ending in 4 or 9!!! , these players are only one skill point off the next * so will be highly sort after!!!, you will find yourself in a bidding war with other managers!!!.
    15 Dont buy players in the first week as bidding wars are everywhere!!!, try to buy at the end of the season when higher level managers are selling there dead wood!!, these players will be good to you as they are of a higher star!.
    16 Try to keep your squad young so 21-25 is good, 18.19.20 players are great but expensive!, there is nothing wrong with having a few experienced players 27-29 if your need cover or deperate!.
    17 When bidding for a player set yorself a token limit like 5 or 10 then if the bid goes over cut your losses and leave the auction!
    Thank you for the tips friend, I agree on them mostly

I screwed up a little now, becouse I spent my rest packs and morale packs in the last season match, and my player are very tired, so I it will take probably a few days before they be fully fit, but it doesn't matter becouse league is most important to me, I just want to be in first 7.

Rookie
    Is it weird that I can play all 3 and win without any hassle ..... My players play well even with like 5% rest .... I guess it really depends on the team and I'm level 2....

PS: how do u get to level 3 in 1 month?! A season is 28 days long and u have to win 7 or higher to get to next level!

My tip would be to try end up in top 4 every season because CL matches give you a lot of money! In CL you get big money prize for at least 6 matches no matter how bad you play while in the Cup if you're out in the 1st or 2nd round you're out and there's no more money prizes!!
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Thumbs up Playing the league cup/CL at same day with only couple of hours to rest.This is so..

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    You only ever have 2 matches a day - normally they will be reasonably spaced so you can rest your players. I don't tend to train my players much at all when I have 2 matches a day. If you get yourself knocked out of the cup, once the league and Champions League start you will have a League match every day and CL every other day. If you stay in the cup the match in addition to League match each day will alternate between Cup and CL.
    What if my League match is at 18 pm and Cup or CL is at 20 pm...How could i manage them to rest..?

Rookie
    Buy a 22 player squad for competing in all 3.
    Have a core of say 8 players and build a team around it.
    Don't train any player if you want to compete in all 3.
    Decide on 1 formation.... 4-4-2 or 4-5-1V or 4-3-1-2.... Then stick to it all season.

There is a 3 hour gap between matches always. used to be 15 minutes lol.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by dardamaniacs View Post
    Hi guys.

My tactic is to lose in cup, I mean right now I played a cup match and let the opponent win becouse I wanted my first squad to be rested for Champions League and normal league. Anyone else doing it like this?

Thank you
    (With apologies to a UK Channel 4 TV programme)

Rotation, rotation, rotation...

If you get the mix of players right then you can play one, two or three lower-Q players in with the 'first team' for tougher matches without affecting performance and outcome, leaving the big guns to bolster the 'second team' in easier matches.

You'll need to do your research on your opponents to find out those positions that are vulnerable to being faced by a lower-Q player in your squad.
    Last edited by talisman; 01-19-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast