Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Academy Players

Academy Players

If we put aside whether they are any good or not or value for money......

Is it better if I upgrade my youth facilities again to ensure my next crop is at th start of next season rather than end of this?
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-09-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: mispelled crop

Addicted
    Personally, I would - currently mine come out at the end of the season, which makes it harder to sell the free one.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I never use my acadamy players but always upgrade all facilities of the stadium no matter what!, I would use the acadamy players if they where of a high enough quality for the cost of tokens!, but there nowhere near good enough!, but yes upgrade it.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Thanks John (edit) and Skidz. Can't find where I read the youth training times but doesn't matter. Since I don't want them 2 days before season end I might as well upgrade....worst that can happen is status quo.
    John Naish and Skidz like this.

Addicted
    You're welcome. I believe it's something like 24 days from start to finish.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    You're welcome. I believe it's something like 24 days from start to finish.
    mine too,always come almost at the end of season (^_^)v
    CHAMPIONS IS SOMEONE WITH SKILL AND FORTUNE

Apprentice
    FWIW I believe even young negotiated players are better in terms of attributes per tokens spent.
    Season 19

League Winner - Levels 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18
    Champions League Winner - Levels 2,3,5,6,10,13,15,17,18
    Cup Winner - Level 3,5,16
    Cup Quarter Finals - Levels 1,2

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    The times you produse acadamy players reduce the higher levels you get to!, but si does the price of tokens!, you always get two player, a very good one (token player) and a weaker one (free), and yes Castreal I think you are right!, you can get better value for tokens on negotiations!, the current acadamy way is a complete joke (rip off) as it stands!, you should at least produce a player with quality from the level your on!, at the moment I will only buy scouts that are already expeirienced or hot prospects!, if I was to spend 21 T on a acadamy player and then waist at least 1000 green packs power training him, the time, the effort and the cost to do it will be more than me spending another 29T for a scout that is at the standard I need inmy team right now!, plus by the time Ive trained him up I will be up at least another level!, so I got to train him more, is this for me? I dont think so!.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Famous
    11 of my squad are from my academy, it's fully upgraded and so I get 2 new players available every 12 days. One is world class with a special ability, 6 are scout (two have SA) and the other 4 are a couple of skill points off scout level.
    I have plenty of 'greens' from watching vids so I can power train easily, and I tank every 3rd season to make sure my players can keep a decent level for a few years more than if you get promoted every year.
    It's not for everyone, especially token buyers as it's just not worth the time and effort if you can just go out and buy 11 scouts every season, but the Academy works for me.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

yeah. still couple of seasons before I can negotiate but I understand your points regarding efficiency. It was just the case that my Academy produced 2 players 2 days ago and an upgrade to something else completed today so I had the choice. 22 (or so) days until next crop of youngster so I thought maybe an upgrade would mean it'll be day 9 before youth training starts again.

So I upgraded. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast