Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Knocked out the Cup yet again

Famous

Knocked out the Cup yet again

First round, yet again.
    Dominated the home game against an opponent 2 levels above me who had 9 men by half time and wasn't watching, yet drew 3-3.
    Coulda put money on the draw in the return leg but a lower score obviously, and what happens?
    10 mins in I get a man sent off, they score from the free kick, I score immediately after, and then proceed to miss everything.
    Result 1-1 and go out on the away goal rule for the 8th time in 12 seasons.

Feel free to share yer first round sob stories!

i've never got past the first round for 10 plus seasons, often against weaker team, seems like the game is very different in cup matches to the league

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Its only the cup!, the team you played was two levels higher so yo had it all to do, what was the skill difference?.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

It happen the same thing with my main team, 2:2 home, 0:0 away watched both games, more possession, more shots, but out on away goals.

In other of my teams lose 1:0 away, 1:1 home, again watched both matchs, dominated both games.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Its only the cup!, the team you played was two levels higher so yo had it all to do, what was the skill difference?.
    I am 64.5, he is 64.7.
    It's not so much the result, more the fact that it happens almost every season, going out on away goals after easily being the better team over two legs.
    If only I could find a bookmaker who would take a bet on these games!!!

Apprentice
    Blatant trolling.

Don't mean to rub it in but I got through. That said, I thought I too was on the end of a trolling when I drew the first game away 2-2 against an abandoned team who was weaker than me and had 9 men (one sent off and one injured) by 60 minutes. Thankfully today I won the home leg 6-0.

Rookie
    heh I also just lose a game in cup first game lose 1-0 and second game lose 2-3 after beeing behind 0-1 make it up to 2-1 was dominating the game and than lost 2-3 doue to troll engine. But I dont worry about Cup Im mostly focused on League matches and CL.

Rookie
    i got to the final somehow last year, seaon13, 1st time ive been past the prelim stage, lost 5-0 in the final to 4-4-2 what else !, won the league letting in 12 in 26 games so 5-0 was a bit harsh

Knew I wasn't gonna get through. Once again get someone 2 levels higher, with a much better team. Tactics don't do a god damn thing in this game against higher level teams. Once again the other person wasn't watching. Deffo should be a disadvantage to not watching the match IMO.

He had a 4141 formation, so I tried to counter and went 352, outnumbering his midfield and attack. Lost 3-1 at home lol

I advanced today, as I never won the cup that's were my focus will be this season.

winners seasons:
    League 2,6
    Cup
    Champions League 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast