Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Siddharth Shanker Singh
  • 1 Post By Siddharth Shanker Singh

Thread: what decides who goes through?

what decides who goes through?

In a bizarre series of events, Im third in my group in the champions league, 8 points 2 wins 2 draws 2 losses, goal difference +2, the team above me has 8 points, 2 wins 2 losses 2 draws, goal difference 0, in our games we had two 2-2 draws, can anybody tell me why I finished third?

Banned
    You will get a better answer if you asked this in Nordeus Support.

No body here knows about this because there is no documentation of the rules.

Every season some one or the other comes up with this type of question and people formulate different theories based on their experience to give the answer.

Thanks, how do I contact them

Banned
    If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied to determine the final ranking of the
    two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to g)
    apply;
    f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored fr om all group matches played...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Banned
    Cat Harrison likes this.