Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skidz

Thread: Why players bought from scouting have the worst performance?

Why players bought from scouting have the worst performance?

I have been struggling to gather tokens in order to buy a few good players from the transfer list.
    I managed to get 2. They have currently 6stars BUT they get the worst evaluation post game...
    One of them gets 4-5-4-4-4-4 and so on...and other is doing slightly better in the 7s...
    I have been keeping them at TOP FORM, TOP PSYCHOLOGY they have NOT been injured and they have the best individual stats among the rest of my team,,,but they still play like sh..t

Any ideas why?
    Any point gathering tokens then...?

Apprentice
    it happens... I got a couple of washouts from scout list too... one of them the next season became a top player, the other one was sold.
    Just try to use him in different position or in different tactics and order (ie, if he is a MC, don't pass only on the wings)

Thanks for the reply, will do so

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I use a complete scout team and Gat is right, don't be to concerned about the scout players they don't always perform great the season you buy them but most of them do, what you will find is if they are average to poor this season they will be good next season!, with scouts its more of an investment, most managers like yourself go and buy a scout for now and then are dissapointed when they don't perform straight away, don't give up on them yet keep them, you can try him in a different formation as certain players play better in different formations.
    The Shark Tank FC likes this.

I try not to buy any scouts over the age of 23, if I can get a 22 year old I'm chuffed, I want my money's worth and whenever I get 25+ they play rubbish, the younger ones for me at least tend to play better.
    Season 12 - Position 1
    11 League Titles
    9 Champion Leagues
    6 Cups

simply the company of game stole our money i bought over than 15 players from scout list and all of them are stupid players this season and the last one and maybe next one

My personal conspiracy theory is that Scouts get a handicap in the ratings. *Nurse! My pills! Where are my pills*

I bought 1 Scout MC. He was getting 6 in the ratings (3 in 1st 3 games) and now 7s generally. 9 matches played, 7 goals and still only 1x8. The ref picks on him too - always getting lectures but only once has he tackled above the waist.

To hell with winning - I don't play 'down both flanks' now just to prop up my MCs ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by OmAr NA View Post
    simply the company of game stole our money i bought over than 15 players from scout list and all of them are stupid players this season and the last one and maybe next one
    That must be down to you!, I have had a scout team for the last 4 seasons and I have won my league easy, the champions league twice and this season am on course for the treble, I am already 6 points ahaed in the league at half way!, had the leading goal scorer evey season, top passer, and top rated players. If all your scout players are not performing then I suggest you try a new formation, this may help, players can perform better in different positions e.g, MC try him MC right, MC middle, MC left, a striker try him ST right , ST left, ST middle!, its about finding the right system the works for your team!, also your scouts do not always perform the first season! but come good the next season.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans View Post
    I try not to buy any scouts over the age of 23, if I can get a 22 year old I'm chuffed, I want my money's worth and whenever I get 25+ they play rubbish, the younger ones for me at least tend to play better.
    Titan I have had alot of experience with scouts and how they perform, I have learnt a clear understanding off them and have found that age does not reall matter that much!, yes the younger they are will determine how quickly skill they gain skill cones! but it does not mean because there 27,28 they will be poor!, with scouts it goes in cycles, perform well one or two seasons then average to poor the next then excellent again the season after that!. There is another factor I have found, if you have many scouts like me (22) only about half will get 8 ratings!, most get 7 and the odd on or two 6!, this I think is because as you have so many good players the computer does not want to give to many player high ratings in a single match!, the way to look at it is if your team is doing well it does not matter what the ratings are! a win is a win.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.