Thread: why did I just lose to a 4.4.2 classic with alot less stars ?

why did I just lose to a 4.4.2 classic with alot less stars ?

This is really mind boggling.... played against a much weaker team that was using 442 classic n I was playing 451 v style my stars are 32 n his is 24 or 5 im nt sure..so game starts he score two goals in matter of few short minutes and rest of the game even tho I changed to hard attacking I see my team is just defending n nothing else I was actually lucky that I didnt conced more goal....can someone tell me whats happend here ????

Apprentice
    ...maybe have you set attack + counter on? In that case it doesn't work. Finally you needed to be Normal or Difensively

... Same happened to me. But against near about same quality. If i'll use 3(W)-1-4-2 against 4-4-2, will it work ? then What ll be the order ?
    through middle ? please help any body soon. tomorrow match.

4-4-2 is a hard formation to win hun !! I usually do ok with 4-1-2-1-2-narrow diamond focus passing through the middle defensive with counter attack on !!! try It works for my little team

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    3w-1-4-2 struggles against 4-4-2, I know this because I play that formation!, I have found starting with either 4-1-3w-2 and switching to 4-3-3 at HT works for me or starting with 3-4-3., I play attacking, mixed focused passing, hard attacking, close down own half, mixed passing style, zonal marking, force counter attacks, play offsides . 4-4-2 had been my only weakness over the last few seasons, but this season I have won 4 from 4 using that tactic!
    I personaly think you need to go at 4-4-2 right from the off so red arrows on all midfield and strikers.
    Last edited by Skidz; 05-21-2014 at 06:25 PM.