Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: champions league group stage

Exclamation champions league group stage

im am curious in the champions league group stage if the 2 and 3 team of tied on points what do you use to determine which team goes forward, in a real life scenario the goal difference would come in to play and i believe that should have been the case here but it does not appear so, not disputing this is a fun game for football lovers and i like i l;og in everyday just to what my team perform, but just a bit upset i believe i should have qualified on goal difference in the cpl but i did not so i would just love for this issue to be clarified for the future thank you.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The same as the real CL, super complicated if there is a tie. Also like real CL GA vs. last place don't count...

If two (or more) Teams are equal on points on completion of the Group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):

a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;

e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied to determine the final ranking of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to g)
    apply;

f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored from all group matches played
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-14-2014 at 04:14 AM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Addicted
    Cat - if 2nd and 3rd are tied, but 1st is ahead on points, are matches against 1st included in the goal difference etc. used to work out who goes through, or is it just 4th's that are ignored?
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    Cat - if 2nd and 3rd are tied, but 1st is ahead on points, are matches against 1st included in the goal difference etc. used to work out who goes through, or is it just 4th's that are ignored?
    1st is ignored too. It's on the head to head, so looking at points scored, if team a vs team b had a win each or 2 draws it moves to goal difference, then goals scored (which will be equal in head 2 head if goal diff is 0), then away goals. After that it goes to overall goal diff ...

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    1st is ignored too. It's on the head to head, so looking at points scored, if team a vs team b had a win each or 2 draws it moves to goal difference, then goals scored (which will be equal in head 2 head if goal diff is 0), then away goals. After that it goes to overall goal diff ...
    Thanks - never had that situation before, but was curious in case I get it in the future.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

When 2 teams are tied on gd the rules, in effect, treat the head to head like a knockout round. Its only comlicated (hugely so( when 3 teams are tied.